Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Can you walk straighter than me after a six pack of Joose.
    Joose doesn't come in six packs, just a shameful paper bag with six tallboys of Joose in it.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    Top ten D1A would eat out defensive secondary for lunch.
    Maybe. I'd love to see a few such games. Until I actually see them played on the field and proven wrong, I'll stick with the objective measures and reasonable opinions that swing the other way.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Maybe. I'd love to see a few such games. Until I actually see them played on the field and proven wrong, I'll stick with the objective measures and reasonable opinions that swing the other way.

Well unfortunately we won't see this team vs one.

Hopefully Oregon gets their shit together.

UCF is #8. Haven't seen them play this year, but I'd put the 2018 Bison on a field with them and still put money straight up on the Bison.

Washington is #9. I've seen them play a few games this year. Pretty sure 2018 NDSU would match up fairly well against them. I wouldn't bet against the Bison.

Sagarin isn't the final say, of course, but it is a reasonable objective measure that has a good track record of determining the relative quality of teams. There is a top 15 team that we'd be favored against per Sagarin on a neutral field. There are a couple others that we'd essentially be a pick 'em against.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    If lowly Citadel can play with Alabama for a half, I’d like to think we could play and keep it respectful for 2 halves with at least #s 5-10.
    I think that there is a big difference in the top 5 or so and those around 8th and above. I don't think the Bison would compete closely with the top 3 teams, but those from 5-15 would have more than they'd want with this year's team IMO. Honestly think NDSU would win a very high percentage of the games of FBS teams outside of 8th place or so.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B. b. bison View Post
    Joose doesn't come in six packs, just a shameful paper bag with six tallboys of Joose in it.
    It does of you are a baller

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by awBison View Post
    I don't think the Bison would compete closely with the top 3 teams, but those from 5-15 would have more than they'd want with this year's team IMO. Honestly think NDSU would win a very high percentage of the games of FBS teams outside of 8th place or so.
    What are you smokin', man??? You must not actually watch college football! That's, like, waaay out there. Don't you know they are FCS? They can't compete at that level. No way!

[I don't know how to do purple font on Tapatalk.]

Not purple: But still... Until they actually accomplish such a feat (which will be never unless the fabled jump to FBS happens -- note that I'm NOT trying to get that conversation going again!), there will be lots of doubters, even among our own rabid fan base. But to think that it's not a legitimate question and ponder it is truly out of touch with reality.

I think we could hang with anyone outside the top 3. Once you get to Bama, Clemson, Georgia that's just a different animal.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I think we could hang with anyone outside the top 3. Once you get to Bama, Clemson, Georgia that's just a different animal.
    Mmm Oklahoma has something going and to ignore that is just not being real.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    And it's statements like these (and like those that I'm making) that make some people think this fan base is bonkers. (Well, we are bonkers. But not for thinking those types of thoughts.)

But there's not really any good objective arguments against such statements. It all comes down to perception for most college football fans -- especially those that aren't familiar with the Bison.

We've heard it all before. Beating #13 Iowa? Or a #25-26 K-State? Yeah... They weren't that good. They didn't deserve those rankings, and they proved it by losing to an FCS team.

I hope Oregon is ranked in the top 10 in a couple years. (Looking unlikely right now.) Same old excuses will come when we beat them.