Page 99 of 355 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Whats funny is this and the other thread on this is surprisingly quiet. Air got let out of a bunch of balloons today.
    Not much to talk about until they come up with plans. Sounds like we have to wait and see if they are going to do the stupid downtown convention center or an addition to the dome. If it's a dome addition, it would likely be included in the job.

I couldn't be more excited that they are actually talking about the added seats. That means they are serious. But until we see some detailed plans it's the same speculation weve always had...with some added girth coming from a legit source in Rob Sobalik... and not just a few Bisonville posters

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    1500 seats buys us time and puts us over the magic mark of 20k. I have begun to go full circle on this dome expansion thing. It is obviously not in the cards to ever expand it. At all cost, we need to keep the proposed convention center off University Land. That corner of campus has become increasingly boxed in and giving up more land to the city with no direct benefit to NDSU should be off the table. The Dome long term is dead, it is now time to discuss what the next move is. I have no idea what it is but it will take a decade to sort out.
    If the convention center is not on University Land then they better not use the FargoDome reserves of $30 million to build it. Leave that money for FargoDome expansion and improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    If the convention center is not on University Land then they better not use the FargoDome reserves of $30 million to build it. Leave that money for FargoDome expansion and improvements.
    I agree. A surplus fund is to fix and upkeep the damn dome... not help Doug Burgum develop land. The irony is while his goal is to redevelop old buildings, he would be responsible for neglecting an old building. . The Fargodome! Needs to be maintained. Shit up until 3 years ago we had a mud tailgating lot, Walmart lights, ghetto astroturf, and we still have ghetto video boards, no wifi, tube tvs, red seats that need to be replaced, and no double doors on the west side. Were getting killed by the Alerus Center for Conventions... Oh but downtown needs more stuff

Ndsu should get a Skywalk to the BSA and more seats if it's on the property. Need a benefit. Downtown has zero benefits

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I agree. A surplus fund is to fix and upkeep the damn dome... not help Doug Burgum develop land. The irony is while his goal is to redevelop old buildings, he would be responsible for neglecting an old building. . The Fargodome! Needs to be maintained. Shit up until 3 years ago we had a mud tailgating lot, Walmart lights, ghetto astroturf, and we still have ghetto video boards, no wifi, tube tvs, and red seats that need to be replacing. Were getting killed by the Alerus Center for Conventions... Oh but downtown needs more stuff
    You keep your greedy hands off my comfy red seat! With our ball control offense, I spend a lot of game time in comfort! Upgrade the rest though!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    You keep your greedy hands off my comfy red seat! With our ball control offense, I spend a lot of game time in comfort! Upgrade the rest though!
    I'll trade you them for double doors on the west side so you don't see your breath in the stadium during sub zero games

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have not been following the discussion here very closely, but it would seem like the the dome could add seats by . . .

1) Removing the current press box and adding seats in its place. 200 seats
    2) Installing a new state of the art press box & Club seating system on both the East & West Sides of the dome at a level above the top row of seating. A elevator system on both ends of the East and West sides (4 total) could be installed for press Box & Club Seat Access. This Club area would overhang the top level seats. It would this could create 1200 seats if spanned the entire E & W sides of the stands.
    3) Installing new seating systems in the corners to add 150 seats per corner.
    4) Consider adding seating at the roof level (similar to the press box/Club area) on the N & S ends of the doome. (400 seats)
    5) keep some standing room seating and Handi seating on the corners at the lever level.

Total 2400 seats, and new state of the art press boxes and Club seating at a premium cost. Total Seating of 21,400 or more could be achieved. Significant revenue could be generated from the new premium seating.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    I have not been following the discussion here very closely, but it would seem like the the dome could add seats by . . .
    I don't see how it would be possible to add any seats above the current level without building out first. Either way, the sloped portion of the roof would have to be raised.

That leaves going out and up on the west side. Going up on the north or south sides start to cause line of sight issues, particularly around the scoreboards.

IF .. IF the convention center is put on the south side of stadium, couldn't they reconstruct that entire end zone?
    take out the wall, put 20 rows of seats, then have a huge plaza there where you could stick 1000 + up there in a party zone!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    IF .. IF the convention center is put on the south side of stadium, couldn't they reconstruct that entire end zone?
    take out the wall, put 20 rows of seats, then have a huge plaza there where you could stick 1000 + up there in a party zone!
    Perhaps they could lessen the steepness of the bleachers and bring it back deeper but who knows if that would gain much for seating. Those bleachers aren't concrete so maybe it's possible? With limited options all ideas should be explored. I think the sky bar was going to hold 500 to 1000 anyway

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Perhaps they could lessen the steepness of the bleachers and bring it back deeper but who knows if that would gain much for seating. Those bleachers aren't concrete so maybe it's possible? With limited options all ideas should be explored. I think the sky bar was going to hold 500 to 1000 anyway

I'd be shocked if there 500 seats in the sky bar. Maybe total capacity but from what I remember on the rendering there were just one or two rows of rail seats over looking the field.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie