Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MVFC Recruiting

Default Re: 2021 MVFC Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Anyone have insight on Feeney's recruitment (or lack of) by NDSU? Did we ever offer him anything? Is he a bit of a late bloomer? We shouldn't miss on the local kids, especially a Bison legacy.
    They recruited him but I don't think they ever offered a scholarship. It wasn't that they weren't interested or didn't notice him, they just chose someone else. I can't recall if they offered a PWO or not. 9 TDs in a game at that level is pretty amazing.

Also, we're old because I remember us partying with his mother in college! LOL.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    They recruited him but I don't think they ever offered a scholarship. It wasn't that they weren't interested or didn't notice him, they just chose someone else. I can't recall if they offered a PWO or not. 9 TDs in a game at that level is pretty amazing.

Also, we're old because I remember us partying with his mother in college! LOL.
    Entz/Hedberg were sold on Cole Payton from Nebraska... and those 2 don't have much loyalty to bison legacy and Roehl/Grant Olson were too young for Feeney Era.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Entz/Hedberg were sold on Cole Payton from Nebraska... and those 2 don't have much loyalty to bison legacy and Roehl/Grant Olson were too young for Feeney Era.
    Meh, I don't think the primary reason for recruiting a player is if they're a legacy. Does it hurt? No, but that's not enough. Your first answer was better. Cole Payton is a top shelf recruit.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Watched Feeney play a couple of games last year. Didn't think he jumped out as a top target D1 QB talent. Would have been nice to see him still come in and compete for the spot, but understand him going elsewhere looking for playing time. Interested in how much he developed this year as I didn't catch any games. He definitely put up some big numbers. Interesting that he's also a lefty. The bar set for QB recruits at NDSU is just ridiculously high.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Watched Feeney play a couple of games last year. Didn't think he jumped out as a top target D1 QB talent. Would have been nice to see him still come in an compete for the spot, but understand him going elsewhere looking for playing time. Interested in how much he developed this year as I didn't catch any games
    They went to a spread and he was a touchdown machine. Air Raid type numbers. Threw/ran for 9 in his last game.

I wish he'd have come here as well but I've got a soft spot for legacy players and Feeney was favorite Bison QB until Easton. I hope he does well in El Forko Grande but that they somehow manage to lose every game anyway.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    They went to a spread and he was a touchdown machine. Air Raid type numbers. Threw/ran for 9 in his last game.

I wish he'd have come here as well but I've got a soft spot for legacy players and Feeney was favorite Bison QB until Easton. I hope he does well in El Forko Grande but that they somehow manage to lose every game anyway.
    He lacked the physical frame typical of NDSU QBs. Cole on the other hand fits the mold to a tee.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Do you actually post stuff like this without regard to facts? I am just wondering. I feel bad for you.

GO BISON!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Do you actually post stuff like this without regard to facts? I am just wondering. I feel bad for you.

GO BISON!
    Yes they were sold on cole payton
    don't have much loyalty to legacy MEANS they don't automatically give a legacy an offer based on that solely.
    again, don't see what's wrong with that, but go ahead and overreact per usual.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Noah Schaffner - 6’ 5” 215 - QB/ATH - Bismarck Century
    Good job by the Fighting Hawks getting two PWO from the undefeated state champs.

Jody Norstedt
    @NorstedtMidcoSN
    ·
    19h

Schaffner got better and better as season progressed, quarterbacking Century to a perfect season and state title. His rushing helped the offense a lot in the 2nd half of the season (0 rush TD in 1st 3 games; 12 rush TD in final 7 gms). At 6'5", 215 lbs, he's projected to play TE.

Conrad Hawley - 6’ 6” 220 - QB - Peculiar MO (Raymore-Peculiar)
    1st P5 offer is from Kansas.
    Other offers include Missouri State, Northern Iowa, South Dakota.
    iirc Hawley was a QB with NDSU interest, may have visited Fargo before the Cole Payton offer was made.