Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Championship game ticket prices

Default Re: Championship game ticket prices

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    You might get more responses if you start a thread in the "Ticket Exchange" section...
    Thank u I will do that now!

Need to still buy tickets. Looking at tickets that were 145 go to 300 and 400+.
    Of course I'm not biting on that, but Wow.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I am with you. Wanna go to Frisco, but i just can't justify those A-holes sellihg $70 tickets for $400. Most if them aren't even good seats.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I am with you. Wanna go to Frisco, but i just can't justify those A-holes sellihg $70 tickets for $400. Most if them aren't even good seats.
    I would check flash....I have not seen anyone selling 1 $70 tic for $400. tickets are going for $200-$300 per tic.
    ticket original values were $75-$170. gotta remember a lot of tixs are of the fcs experaince variety that Originally sold from the ncaa for just under 200 bucks.

You can get those tickets for $250 that's not too bad
    Last edited by MAKBison; 12-16-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Supply and demand folks. Free market capitalism!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I would check flash....I have not seen anyone selling 1 $70 tic for $400. tickets are going for $200-$300 per tic.
    ticket original values were $75-$170. gotta remember a lot of tixs are of the fcs experaince variety that Originally sold from the ncaa for just under 200 bucks.

You can get those tickets for $250 that's not too bad
    You can't use flash to sell the hospitality wristbands.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Does anyone know the cost of charter buses or planes?
    http://www.ebsportstours.com/teams/nd-state/
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    First off, there were no $70 tickets. The bulk of the tickets were Experience packages and cost $175 each. Those A-holes to which you refer took a chance buying tickets and now you are whining because you did not.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    First off, there were no $70 tickets. The bulk of the tickets were Experience packages and cost $175 each. Those A-holes to which you refer took a chance buying tickets and now you are whining because you did not.
    I didn't buy as many as I usually do. While I didn't lose money last year, the experience made me a little nervous. I do know when I bought tickets this year, it wasn't like I bought the last one's available. There were still hospitality packages available up to around a month ago. I am not going to lie. I made a ridiculous amount of money this year on my extra tickets and could have priced them higher. They were bought will I was still sitting in the Fargodome in the 3rd quarter.

You are right, those A-holes accepted all the risk. This can also be a learning experience. There is no such thing as scalping a luxury item. That is a misnomer. No one "needs" these tickets. They are a luxury item people can and will live without. If it were gas or food during a time of great shortages, that would be scalping. Most jurisdictions now recognize this and have eliminated laws restricting selling of tickets for more than face value. There is no fear of the NCAA wanting anything different because they are making money every time the same tickets change ownership. They made money the first time they were sold and every time they are electronically sold through a site like Flash. They are making a killing on the same tickets while accepting pretty much zero risk. They can slide way under market value with their face value because they will recapture market value later if it goes up. The only trick here is what should be face value so the venue sells out. They can still probably go a little higher yet but they are counting on people buying more and reselling. You can't do that if you place face value at true market value.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I think I paid 375 to goto the FBS championship in 2010.(that was face value for that game)

Of course that was in glitzy LA at something called the rose bowl with 2 stories programs named Texas and Alabama. From there on out, I compare everything i buy to that price.

Sooo...11 am kick off, in a Dallas suburb soccer stadium, vs JMU that costs more money? Yea I'll let the sellers sweat on that one.

I've honestly never read of anyone NOT getting in to any game ever. If you're looking to pay, you'll find a way in. Now it's just waiting on it for little while until the initial surge dies down