Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: x a possible candidate for y job

Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Good point, the turf at TCF is probably a dealbreaker.
    YOU Dang right it is...The Turf's rightful spot is at 12th and University

I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Les Miles or Schiano would be best scenario for NDSU & GOphers.

if gophers ever could become a TOP 20 team consistently, the more Minnesota kids that will get overlooked and end up at NDSU!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    No it won't. This program will not die. Just stop already.
    Name the time a former Bison coach took a job that could cut off our recruiting pipeline to Minnesota?

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I think the connection with the AD is a very big threat. This could be a program killer for NDSU.
    Absolutely not, if NDSU football were to slump it would take years and be a slow move back to being a "normal" football team (I say normal because winning 5 straight is just NOT normal).

Interesting to hear Klieman is in the mix, not that it is super surprising. I was more surprised to not see Bohl's name on the list (though as other's mentioned, there is a pricetag with that). I though the Goofs should have looked at Bohl the last time around. The guys has done a nice job in Wyoming, and he would have way more resources and recognition at the U. He also knows the recruiting area. The biggest downside to going to the U, you have a lot of administrative folks, alumni, etc. that want to tell you how to run the program, rather than trusting whomever they hire. At least that is the perception I've gotten over the years, and through all of the crazy problems the U has faced.

Sounds like the W. Michigan coach could be the guy, but the AD also has strong ties to the Boise coach. I think Bohl should absolutely be looked at, but I'm not sure I see the U picking him. Should have taken him the last time around and they might finally have some consistency in the program. UND,NDSU,MN,Etc. fans can all say what they want, but Bohl teaches kids how to have a winning mentality. Thats a good trait to have in a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by siouxfan512 View Post
    teaches kids how to have a winning mentality. Thats a good trait to have in a coach.
    And IMO the most important thing Minn and its fans are lacking and preventing them from getting any better. (Again...speaking from experience as a former season ticket holder)
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by siouxfan512 View Post
    Absolutely not, if NDSU football were to slump it would take years and be a slow move back to being a "normal" football team (I say normal because winning 5 straight is just NOT normal).

Interesting to hear Klieman is in the mix, not that it is super surprising. I was more surprised to not see Bohl's name on the list (though as other's mentioned, there is a pricetag with that). I though the Goofs should have looked at Bohl the last time around. The guys has done a nice job in Wyoming, and he would have way more resources and recognition at the U. He also knows the recruiting area. The biggest downside to going to the U, you have a lot of administrative folks, alumni, etc. that want to tell you how to run the program, rather than trusting whomever they hire. At least that is the perception I've gotten over the years, and through all of the crazy problems the U has faced.

Sounds like the W. Michigan coach could be the guy, but the AD also has strong ties to the Boise coach. I think Bohl should absolutely be looked at, but I'm not sure I see the U picking him. Should have taken him the last time around and they might finally have some consistency in the program. UND,NDSU,MN,Etc. fans can all say what they want, but Bohl teaches kids how to have a winning mentality. Thats a good trait to have in a coach.
    $6.5 M buyout would be nothing to the boosters if they thought Bohl was the guy.

Pretty sure Bison players would never treat Kleiman or their teammates the way the Gophs treated their coach and teammates. Held a sex party and included a recruit. Got suspended but corroborated story so reinstated. University snooped around and resuspended. Team boycotted and essentially supported the sex party. Coach tweeted player support. Details leaked and both team and coach looked bad. Now the players that boycotted are mad their coach got fired when they basically put his neck on the chopping block.

The best thing for NDSU and any former coach or player is to not be mentioned in the same sentence as the Gophs.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Name the time a former Bison coach took a job that could cut off our recruiting pipeline to Minnesota?
    Let me think long and hard about this one... never? Just geography alone is good.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    And IMO the most important thing Minn and its fans are lacking and preventing them from getting any better. (Again...speaking from experience as a former season ticket holder)
    Agreed.

Off the field issues need to be handled right too. Maybe get someone in there to teach these kids when they should and shouldn't exercise their right to freedom of speech. Standing up for your teammates is great and all, but maybe you don't take such a vocal stance when the issue is sexual assault. Some of the players forget that just because there are no charges criminally, the University still has a code of conduct, and the right to punish students how they see fit.

Also think some of these kids forget they are not entitled to a position on the team, a scholarship, etc. They have been given a unique opportunity to play for a big school in a big conference, with free education. Typical with some of these younger kids; they truly believe they are entitled to these opportunities. It'll be interesting to see if any of them are actually willing to give up their spot on the team and their scholarships to leave, because they disagree with the Claeys firing. Seems pretty funny to see players say they don't want to play for an administration that doesn't support its coach; while completely ignoring that they were playing for a coach that couldn't support the decisions of the organization.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Pretty sure Bison players would never treat Kleiman or their teammates the way the Gophs treated their coach and teammates. Held a sex party and included a recruit. Got suspended but corroborated story so reinstated. University snooped around and resuspended. Team boycotted and essentially supported the sex party. Coach tweeted player support. Details leaked and both team and coach looked bad. Now the players that boycotted are mad their coach got fired when they basically put his neck on the chopping block.

The best thing for NDSU and any former coach or player is to not be mentioned in the same sentence as the Gophs.
    Yep, the reaction of the players through all of this tells you there are some pretty deep problems with the culture there that need to be fixed. But that's also the main thing, perhaps the only thing, that would make Klieman a viable candidate.