Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Enrollment Numbers

Default Re: 2018 Enrollment Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    May be misinformed but isn’t the experiment in Colorado showing pretty poor results?

A weed smoking libertarian friend who is big on states rights told me it is failing because all states don’t have marijuana legal so all the low productive weed smokers moved there.

I suggested to them that is the reason for states rights. Allow a state to try it and if they fail other states don’t follow suit.

I don’t really care but seems to me the legalize weed crowd isn’t sticking to any real philosophy on the issue other than “legalize the thing I like.”

One of my favorite Ron Paul moments regarding legalization.

https://youtu.be/GFcuAPjBpiA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Honestly, I don't know about low productive people as I really don't pay attention to those that don't share my same interests. Outside of working, going to movies or doing something sports related, that social circle is pretty small and hard to break into.

I just know the State has collected a ton of tax revenue (https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/rev...juana-tax-data) from the sale of the stuff, but many schools are struggling to get the money due to the way the system is set-up.
    Last edited by Christopher Moen; 08-24-2018 at 03:51 AM.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    May be misinformed but isn’t the experiment in Colorado showing pretty poor results?

A weed smoking libertarian friend who is big on states rights told me it is failing because all states don’t have marijuana legal so all the low productive weed smokers moved there.

I suggested to them that is the reason for states rights. Allow a state to try it and if they fail other states don’t follow suit.

I don’t really care but seems to me the legalize weed crowd isn’t sticking to any real philosophy on the issue other than “legalize the thing I like.”

One of my favorite Ron Paul moments regarding legalization.

https://youtu.be/GFcuAPjBpiA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I dont think people flock to states because weed is legal. You can get it anywhere in the country. Most people just take a puff in the evening instead of a beer and relax or use it to enhance music or sex.

In 2014, the Colorado Canabis market generated 76 million in state revenues and 35 million for schools. In 2015 the state gained 135 million.

Some stats are mixed. Overall crime rates are down. Violent crime is down. There is a slight increase in traffic accidents, some attributed to weed. Youth usage of weed has actually dropped. Colorado's population has been growing fast for decades before and after legalization so that has to be factored into the stats

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I bet it will be more per ounce than corn or wheat and it will be taxed like a motherf@@@@@.
    Haven't heard of that one, hopefully it hasn't bankrupted Izzy.

I dont think I can name a single item at the grocery store that's gone down in price over the last decade.
    Factor in inflation and I think you'd be surprised.

There's already a shit load of illegal weed on the market and more supply than ever, yet prices aren't dropping.
    Wait until the novelty ends, it is in every corner store.

I bet it will be more per ounce than corn or wheat and it will be.
    I would hope so, we don't market corn retail by the kernel.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

I dont think people flock to states because weed is legal. You can get it anywhere in the country. Most people just take a puff in the evening instead of a beer and relax or use it to enhance music or sex.

In 2014, the Colorado Canabis market generated 76 million in state revenues and 35 million for schools. In 2015 the state gained 135 million.

Some stats are mixed. Overall crime rates are down. Violent crime is down. There is a slight increase in traffic accidents, some attributed to weed. Youth usage of weed has actually dropped. Colorado's population has been growing fast for decades before and after legalization
    People are flocking to Colorado for a plethora of reasons. Weed doesn't hurt, but to say they are all "low productive citizens" is not true. As with any massive in-migration, there is going to be some riffraff. Lots of opportunity there for sure...and I've had a bunch of friends move there for non-weed reasons...that just might be an indirect reason. But Bot is right, these people were already smoking it long before they moved to Colorado. In fact, the legal weed is generally quite a bit more expensive than black market, and these people still buy it at dispensaries.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Does it not seem odd to you for the government to explicitly benefit from higher consumption of drugs?
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Haven't heard of that one, hopefully it hasn't bankrupted Izzy.

Factor in inflation and I think you'd be surprised.

Wait until the novelty ends, it is in every corner store.

I would hope so, we don't market corn retail by the kernel.
    I know were having a discussion but I think we agree on most everything except farming. Who knows what it will look like in a decade. Im hoping we can kick Canada's ass in exporting it but I would just be happy if it was legal

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    People are flocking to Colorado for a plethora of reasons. Weed doesn't hurt, but to say they are all "low productive citizens" is not true. As with any massive in-migration, there is going to be some riffraff. Lots of opportunity there for sure...and I've had a bunch of friends move there for non-weed reasons...that just might be an indirect reason. But Bot is right, these people were already smoking it long before they moved to Colorado. In fact, the legal weed is generally quite a bit more expensive than black market, and these people still buy it at dispensaries.
    I think you replied to the wrong post buddy. I agree with you 100%
    Unless you just agreeing with me

I might add, you should always buy at at a dispensary or grow your own. Drug dealers could lace it or do anything to it. Makes it safer. I look at it this way. If you want weed, you go to a drug dealer. Dealers also sell other garbage so it sucks you into that world. Alcohol you go to a liquor store. When alcohol was illegal, you went to illegal bootleggers. I would rather grow my own I just like a tomato, or buy from a regulated place

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Honestly, I don't know about low productive people as I really don't pay attention to those that don't share my same interests. Outside of working, going to movies or doing something sports related, that social circle is pretty small and hard to break into.

I just know the State has collected a ton of tax revenue (https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/rev...juana-tax-data) from the sale of the stuff, but many schools are struggling to get the money due to the way the system is set-up.
    They got 35 million in 2014 and 37 million for the general fund, which funds education. Was much higher in 2015. Sounds like they are just throwing it into the pot, no pun intended

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Does it not seem odd to you for the government to explicitly benefit from higher consumption of drugs?
    It does sound funny when you put it that way but I dont think it is higher consumption, or if it is, it's not dramatic. It's just collecting tax on what people were already doing and not wasting tax resources fighting it.

The old laws are are even more ridiculous than alcohol prohibition. Its not really about the government benefiting. Its about living in a free country and not oppressing people for their own choices for something that has no lethal dosage. Although the government benefitting is a bi product of killing these medevial and oppressive laws

I think it is a fact that legalizing the smoke will lead to "higher" student enrollments.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix