Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Maine @ Eastern Washington

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Maine @ Eastern Washington

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Maine coach Joe Harasymiak is leaving to take an assistant coaching job at Minnesota Gophers ....? Where coaching careers go to die?

What's the problem with the Gophers, anyway? Not enough resources, AD support, booster support??? Just wondering why they struggle year after year in a recruit rich environment.
    It’s a bleeding heart university and community. Who don’t view sports as a priority or necessity for the University.
    "The bird is in your hand"

Yep. Ever since they stopped letting them rape all the women both programs went right in the shitter. Jesus.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    Two words. Vikings.
    Nonsense. Gophers budget is top 20. It's been inept leadership over many decades. When they win, fans show up.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Nonsense. Gophers budget is top 20. It's been inept leadership over many decades. When they win, fans show up.
    It seems like when they win, sanctions follow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They can have all the money they want, but the type of athletes and coaches they need to compete with top P5 teams are not coming to a school that lacks a winning culture in football. They have it somewhat for other sports like hockey and wrestling, but not for the two main collegiate sports.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    They can have all the money they want, but the type of athletes and coaches they need to compete with top P5 teams are not coming to a school that lacks a winning culture in football. They have it somewhat for other sports like hockey and wrestling, but not for the two main collegiate sports.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    I won't disagree with that. My point was that the Vikings have nothing to do with their problems.

Default Maine @ Eastern Washington

I won't disagree with that. My point was that the Vikings have nothing to do with their problems.
    I agree. With the amount of football fans in the TC area, the sub-70,000 fans committed to the Vikings shouldn’t affect those who are also Gopher fans. There should be at least a couple hundred thousand Gopher fans in the area that can afford attending home games.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    It seems like when they win, sanctions follow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    This is so so true! Thank you for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Sure, just like the problem with the Wild is the Gophers.
    This is a consistent view from fans and other sport prognosticators in the area. Sorry it doesn't hold to your view of how the world should run.

Check Gopherhole for the fan support.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    This is a consistent view from fans and other sport prognosticators in the area. Sorry it doesn't hold to your view of how the world should run.

Check Gopherhole for the fan support.
    People try to justify futility with all sorts of excuses. But again, the fact is that when they do well the fans are there. All teams that are irrelevant for decades on end struggle, regardless of location. The last marquee moment Gophers football had that I can recall is beating a #2 Penn State, which was almost 20 years ago. Nobody wants to pay money to watch them play New Mexico State or Miami Ohio and that is not the fault of the Vikings or Wild.

I have to give Fleck some credit, they maybe turned a bit of a corner as they were playing pretty decent at the end of the year. They are young and have landed some good recruits. They may actually compete in the B1G West.