Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 9 Polls

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Week 9 Polls

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Then why wouldn't Chuck South be ahead of the Bison in your poll, too? Just askin'.
    Because they haven't had the opportunity to prove it (outside of the CCU game) since the NDSU game. What happened in week 0 (or week 2 for EWU) has some meaning when I do my poll, but what they have continued to do since then is much more important. The NDSU game is why I have them #8. I by no means discredit the results and realize NDSU is why there is a loss on both of their schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Let's all hope the committee poll on Thursday has more sense than all this horse shit. Only poll I even pay attention to at this point is not a poll; Sagarin.
    UNI #3 #jussayin

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The polls are ridiculous. Nobody can even come close to matching our resume. Iowa Hawkeyes. That in itself is one of the biggest wins in FCS History. Top 15 wins (by current polls) over Top 3 Eastern Washington, #9 Charleston Southern, and #12 Western Illinois on the road. We blew out Illinois State when they were ranked. We handily beat Misery State which was our only easy game and beat UNI on the road.

And that's not even taking into account we have won 5 National Championships in a row

I guess these pollsters are either A) hoping to see our run end B) Moronic C) Are wowed by inflated offensive stats or D) Got NDSU and UND mixed up
    At this point in time EWU's FBS win over Wash St.trumps our Iowa win! I think voters are taking into consideration how the Bison are winning ...by the hair of their chinny chin chin....If we run the table and don't get a top 2 seed well, then we have something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    UNI #3 #jussayin
    Which is EXACTLY why I trust it. That is where they belong and suspect they will fall a little more if they continue to struggle. But one must look at their schedule!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Which is EXACTLY why I trust it. That is where they belong and suspect they will fall a little more if they continue to struggle. But one must look at their schedule!
    Don't get me wrong TSCF as one of my initial starting points for my poll is Sagarin, but you can't completely go by a computer that has a 3-5 team at #3 - especially a 3-5 team that's only wins are against a 1-win FBS team, Southern Illinois, and Missouri St.

I understand the basics of how Sagarin works and why UNI is that high, but that's similar to how you can beat the RPI rankings artificially.

Sam Houston probably isn't the #1 team based on who they have played. They will get hurt come selection Sunday for their weak conference but I still believe they are in the top 5. They are a pretty good playoff team when you see their record the past 5 years. Didn't realize it was actually that good. Without NDSU's run, they might have 3 championships the past 5 years. I fully expect them to make another deep run this year.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    Don't get me wrong TSCF as one of my initial starting points for my poll is Sagarin, but you can't completely go by a computer that has a 3-5 team at #3 - especially a 3-5 team that's only wins are against a 1-win FBS team, Southern Illinois, and Missouri St.

I understand the basics of how Sagarin works and why UNI is that high, but that's similar to how you can beat the RPI rankings artificially.
    Really no argument to that.

No justification for EWU being ranked above NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Sam Houston probably isn't the #1 team based on who they have played. They will get hurt come selection Sunday for their weak conference but I still believe they are in the top 5. They are a pretty good playoff team when you see their record the past 5 years. Didn't realize it was actually that good. Without NDSU's run, they might have 3 championships the past 5 years. I fully expect them to make another deep run this year.
    When considering Wins and Losses, Strength of Schedule, and margin of victory, I think Wins and Losses and Strength of Schedule should go hand in hand as the first consideration followed afterwards by margin of victory.

Teams need to win their games but in the very same breath teams with tough schedules need to be rewarded and teams that play cupcakes all season should only be allowed so far up regardless of their W/L record.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    No justification for EWU being ranked above NDSU.
    Yepper. NDSU beats a better P5 school, beats EWU, and plays in a better conference. You can't make this stuff up.