Page 130 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1319

Thread: Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

Default Re: Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    They are not covering for the sake of goodwill. That is what they want you to believe.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Who said that?

Kolpack felt targeted by the restrictions. The truth is that the restrictions WERE aimed at him and Dom because they were the only ones doing the blogging and pregame.

NDSU could have let them stand and said GFY to Jeff, Dom, and anybody else who complained.

Jeff's comment about not having an incentive to cover sports like baseball, softball, and even basketball because nobody cares about them wasn't wrong.

If nobody from ForumComm writes a story, is there any coverage other than what NDSU puts online? Who writes the story about Player X on the softball team who has an inspiring story about their journey to D1 competition?

You could say he does it because it's his job. But, he could write plenty of stories about area HS kids or players from other area colleges.

Yeah, yeah, Kolpack is an entitled prick. Maybe. But, he and ForumComm must have some serious power to make Bresciani cave as fast as he did. Nothing else explains what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    So, are they covering them or not, that was the question. If they are not then well....
    I think they will because Bresciani gave them what they wanted. Isn't it obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Who said that?

Kolpack felt targeted by the restrictions. The truth is that the restrictions WERE aimed at him and Dom because they were the only ones doing the blogging and pregame.

NDSU could have let them stand and said GFY to Jeff, Dom, and anybody else who complained.

Jeff's comment about not having an incentive to cover sports like baseball, softball, and even basketball because nobody cares about them wasn't wrong.

If nobody from ForumComm writes a story, is there any coverage other than what NDSU puts online? Who writes the story about Player X on the softball team who has an inspiring story about their journey to D1 competition?

You could say he does it because it's his job. But, he could write plenty of stories about area HS kids or players from other area colleges.

Yeah, yeah, Kolpack is an entitled prick. Maybe. But, he and ForumComm must have some serious power to make Bresciani cave as fast as he did. Nothing else explains what happened.

DB caving had nothing to do with losing coverage. It had to do with public perception encouraged by the weekend headstart by FCC personnel.

It will be the bean counters at the forum who will make the decision when Bison sports coverage ends, not Kolpack.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Maybe if you understood the positions you would understand my answer. So maybe in the future if you don't care, don't get involved.
    *Thumbs up*

Good talk, Keep talking down to people, that'll help make people understand your side easier!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    *Thumbs up*

Good talk, Keep talking down to people, that'll help make people understand your side easier!
    Not talking down just really don't understand why you comment when you have said you don't care and didn't read it. No disrespect intended.

Who said that?

I call BS on that......I specifically recall Dom coming out and say they were going to cover more NDSU sports because the fans wanted them to do so. Dom and Jeff made a Huge deal out of it.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 09-26-2016 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    DB caving had nothing to do with losing coverage. It had to do with public perception encouraged by the weekend headstart by FCC personnel.

It will be the bean counters at the forum who will make the decision when Bison sports coverage ends, not Kolpack.

Spin it however you want. I look at what happened and that tells me who held the cards.

The weekend "head start" was because NDSU (JJ and ML) decided to announce on Friday afternoon. JJ is supposedly a professional. That wasn't a smart decision. Maybe he should stick to sideline reporting and make no decisions.

I've never watched the Bison Media Blog or any pre-game show on KVLY. The "fluff" doesn't interest me at all. I only buy the Forum after big wins like Championships and FBS games.

My lasting memory is the speed with which DB caved. Actions speak louder than words.

Spin it however you want. I look at what happened and that tells me who held the cards.

The weekend "head start" was because NDSU (JJ and ML) decided to announce on Friday afternoon. JJ is supposedly a professional. That wasn't a smart decision. Maybe he should stick to sideline reporting and make no decisions.

I've never watched the Bison Media Blog or any pre-game show on KVLY. The "fluff" doesn't interest me at all. I only buy the Forum after big wins like Championships and FBS games.

My lasting memory is the speed with which DB caved. Actions speak louder than words.

To be fair, you keep using the term "Media Restriction" a FCC term and FCC spin. Others call it honoring a signed contract.

TD is correct...FCC won the perception battle. Not to mention they had a MN sports personality, backwoods legislature and an ANTI SU blogger in their pocket. This in and of itself should be alarming. It says, If you cross FCC they will use their power to sway public opinion to their view.

I didn't spin anything. There was nothing wrong with the guidelines. It wasn't about who held the cards, it was about a a company acting like petulant children. They used whatever influence they had to create a controversy and sway public opinion. First of all, that isn't journalism. Secondly, they were misleading in their campaign. While I feel DB should have left the guidelines in place as it was based on a contractual obligation, I get why he did what he did. I agree with you a better timed release would have helped NDSU a lot in this.

Also, you are talking like FCC was using their coverage as leverage. No one believed that. They cover what they cover for one reason only. How do we sell as many papers and get as many clicks as possible every day. That is the only driving force. They would have never quit covering anything that would have further effected their bottom line. I don't think newspapers are dying, but they are struggling to draw in every potential customer. Their problem is they look at short term numbers. They see their bitching about the guidelines was drawing interest, so they keep it up. I don't think it is going to help them in the long run as people truly figure out what was on the table and how FCC painted a picture that NDSU was going after people. They were protecting the interests of those they have contractual obligations to protect their interests. This isn't a difficult concept.

DB was in a position where he had to play damage control in a situation where the damage was manufactured. It is all out there. You can read everything. You can see the contracts NDSU signed. You can see the ones they didn't sign. You can see how FCC claiming was wrong when NDSU was asking with the guidelines was obvious common practice as each proposal had similar wording to this effect. FCC was trying to change the story. DB was in a no win situation and I do think he would have been fine in the long run leaving the guidelines in place, but he already has a target on his back with other manufactured issues and the uncovered conspiracy to get rid of him in all of this. He has no clue anymore where the bullets are coming from. He caved to get him and NDSU out of the firing line, not because of who held the cards.

Lastly, FCC knows people like you will buy the special issues. They are a huge cash cow for them and they obviously won't stop them. They are not out of the goodness of their heart. Advertising is at a huge premium for those issues and circulation is exponentially expanded. They take the same material they would put in the sports section, call it a special section, charge the shit out of advertising in it, and then sit back and watch the masses buy it up. There is no way they would give that up, regardless of any relationship they have with NDSU. I am not saying it is bad business, I am just laying it out there that there was no danger of that going away because it would be the equivalent to burning stacks of money. You set that up by covering everything NDSU does to appease the sports fans. See, it is a big circle. One that FCC won't break.

A lot of words that say nothing.

FCC was never going to stop covering football. It was never hinted at.

Kolpack hinted that he probably wouldn't go to non-revenue events because nobody really cares. That's true and NDSU does depend on print media for something there. Find stories not written by FCC employees. It's hard.

DB caved to get out of the line of fire because he didn't have cards to play and he had a much bigger battle to fight. We'll see in a couple months if he dodged a bullet. I hope he did.

Both Ingstad and Marcil are sleaze just out of the primordial ooze. It's a characteristic of the industry. Choosing one over the other is not really a choice. NDSU is making a mistake if they continue to immerse themselves deeper into that. I'm afraid they might have went too far. Time will tell.