Page 123 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1572

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Honestly, I can’t think of a good tailgating spot downtown, but there is a very large, vacant parking lot by the Mall of America. It isn’t ideal, but they could set up something for tailgating there. Everyone would have to leave an hour prior to the game to arrive on time with traffic, parking, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Honestly, I can’t think of a good tailgating spot downtown, but there is a very large, vacant parking lot by the Mall of America. It isn’t ideal, but they could set up something for tailgating there. Everyone would have to leave an hour prior to the game to arrive on time with traffic, parking, etc.
    There used to be a really good parking lot just behind the Target Center. Whatever happened to that?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    There used to be a really good parking lot just behind the Target Center. Whatever happened to that?
    How far back are you talking? Block E was mostly a parking lot for about 10 years, but it was built up in 2001. Now it's Mayo Clinic Square.

About 3/4 of the adjacent block is still parking lot. Directly east of Target Center.

I don't understand why people are wanting to tailgate in Minneapolis....just go to one of the many bars and party there. You can tailgate in Fargo anytime.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I don't understand why people are wanting to tailgate in Minneapolis....just go to one of the many bars and party there. You can tailgate in Fargo anytime.
    It's for the children.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

#cowboyJacks. Be one of the first one thousand or forever be damned!

Your point is good though. Many, many, many options for good partying downtown.

How about this? All you great Bison fans meet me at Kieran’s Irish Pub across the street from Target Center about ‘x’ hours before the game. We’ll all have great fun and then tip some servers an obscene amount to shepherd us all the one block to the right field gate of Target Field. Then we will all continue to consume alcohol and good food at an NCAA sanctioned event. After the game we’ll all fan out across the downtown, uptown, nordeast, St Paul(oops, sorry that will be closed) landscape and continue the reverie. Somebody needs to bring a bari sax...
    Don't believe everything you think.

Trust me, when Minneapolis destroyed the Viking's Washington Avenue tailgating, it sucked really, really bad. It is football and way me fun to tailgate than go to a bar even is MSP. No different than when we played the goophs.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Trust me, when Minneapolis destroyed the Viking's Washington Avenue tailgating, it sucked really, really bad. It is football and way me fun to tailgate than go to a bar even is MSP. No different than when we played the goophs.
    I remember all that and still feel the same as mentioned earlier. Sometimes some variety is good in life. I feel like I've spent 10,000 hours tailgating. It's fun, but that doesn't mean I don't ever want to try something different. Downtown MSP just isn't the spot for tailgating IMO.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I remember all that and still feel the same as mentioned earlier. Sometimes some variety is good in life. I feel like I've spent 10,000 hours tailgating. It's fun, but that doesn't mean I don't ever want to try something different. Downtown MSP just isn't the spot for tailgating IMO.
    You have spent 10,000 hours tailgating. Probably more.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    To sum up:
    The Bison will play Butler at Target Field in late August of 2019.
    There are still lots of tickets available.
    There are lots of places to stay in Minneapolis and the surrounding metropolitan area.
    There are many places to park and methods to arrive at the stadium without parking on premise.
    Doubtful there are any tailgating opportunities near the field.

You think there is some new info regarding the game at Target Field at this point? I’m all ears Grasshopper...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You left out the part where people aren't going because the game is being played in baseball stadium.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1