Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumors on QB transfer to NDSU??

Default Rumors on QB transfer to NDSU??

I live out of state, so I don't hear as much as I used to on the Bison. My son goes to Michigan and the rumor out of there is that Steve Threet (Soph QB) is transferring out. The Spread offense didn't work for him, but he would be great in a West Coast style offense. He's 6'5", great arm, and he can run if called upon.

The rumors are flying and they seem to have some foundation. This would be his second transfer (1st was Georgia Tech to Mich). So the speculation is that it would be an FCS school. NDSU has been mentioned in some of the Michigan forums. Oh, he's a good student, too.

Anything being said in Fargo?

Default Re: Rumors on QB transfer to NDSU??

Quote Originally Posted by mercury743 View Post
    I live out of state, so I don't hear as much as I used to on the Bison. My son goes to Michigan and the rumor out of there is that Steve Threet (Soph QB) is transferring out. The Spread offense didn't work for him, but he would be great in a West Coast style offense. He's 6'5", great arm, and he can run if called upon.

The rumors are flying and they seem to have some foundation. This would be his second transfer (1st was Georgia Tech to Mich). So the speculation is that it would be an FCS school. NDSU has been mentioned in some of the Michigan forums. Oh, he's a good student, too.

Anything being said in Fargo?
    Think I've seen him play. Could be another with the same name. Hope it's true. Man...we could use an infusion of experience and depth at QB. This would be heaven-sent. Everyone say a prayer.

The missing link in current Bison football...leadership & depth behind center. We get this...and the rest of the roster comes to life. It would actually help Nick Mertens, even if Nick starts, to have some of the weight of the world taken off. That's been a part of his problem. He knew that he was the only option, and felt the pressure. And competition never hurts.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am on my way to mass as soon as I stop typing.........................

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    See if you can fit in a Rosary or two while you are there!!!!!!!!

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Im digging up the preist that prayed for good weather for the "D Day" invasion, he must be in good with the lord. Anyone got a ground heater, just bent the shovel.
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

Steve Threet MY OH MY would that be awesome!

P I P E ......... D R E A M

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Check it out :

Steven Threet*#10Quarterback
    Height:6-6
    Weight:230
    Year:So./Fr.
    Hometown:Adrian, Mich.
    High School:Adrian

At Michigan ... received first letter in 2008 ... made eight starts at quarterback and played in 10 contests ... completed 102-of-210 passes for 1,105 yards and nine touchdowns ... 2008 Academic All-Big Ten Conference ... transferred from Georgia Tech prior to the start of fall camp in 2007 ... enrolled early at Georgia Tech in Jan. 2007.

Sophomore/Freshman (2008) ... earned first varsity letter ... Academic All-Big Ten ... played in 10 games and started eight contests at quarterback ... completed 102-of-210 passes for 1,105 yards and nine touchdowns ... completed 8-of-19 passes for 69 yards and one touchdown in his collegiate debut vs. Utah (Aug. 30) ... tossed a 33-yard touchdown pass to Junior Hemingway at 8:42 of the fourth quarter against the Utes ... earned first career start vs. Miami (Sept. 6), completing 6-of-13 passes for 63 yards ... scored first career rushing touchdown with a nine-yard score on the opening drive against the RedHawks ... connected on a 50-yard play to Martavious Odoms on the first offensive play against Miami ... completed 16-of-23 passes for a career-high 175 yards and one touchdown at Notre Dame (Sept. 13) ... connected with Sam McGuffie for a 40-yard touchdown with 1:56 remaining in the first quarter against the Irish ... had a 21-yard career long run in the Notre Dame game ... completed 12-of-31 attempts for 96 yards and one touchdown vs. Wisconsin (Sept. 27) ... tossed the first interceptions of his career in the Wisconsin game ... orchestrated an offense that overcame a 19-point deficit in the second half against the Badgers ... rushed nine times for a team-high 89 yards, including a 58-yard run to set up the game-winning touchdown ... completed 18-of 35 attempts for a career-high 250 yards and two touchdowns vs. Illinois (Oct. 4) ... passed for multiple touchdowns for first time in his career against the Fighting Illini ... found Greg Mathews for an 11-yard score in the corner of the endzone to give U-M a 14-3 lead ... hit Mathews again for a 31-yard connection to set up a two-yard TD pass to Mark Moundros ... completed 7-of-11 passes for 55 yards and one touchdown vs. Toledo (Oct. 11) ... connected with Brandon Minor for a 27-yard touchdown in the first quarter against the Rockets ... did not play in the second half against Toledo due to an elbow injury ... completed 9-of-13 passes for 84 yards at Penn State (Oct. 18) ... missed majority of second half due to elbow injury against the Nittany Lions ... converted 13-of-27 passes for 168 yards and one touchdown vs. Michigan State (Oct. 25) ... carried the ball 14 times for 19 yards and scored on a two-yard run against the Spartans ... completed 9-of-21 passes for 123 yards and two touchdowns at Purdue (Nov. 1) ... connected with Darryl Stonum for a 51-yard career long touchdown pass against Purdue ... did not see game action at Minnesota (Nov. 8) due to injury suffered against Purdue ... completed 4-of-7 passes for 22 yards vs. Northwestern (Nov. 15) ... did not travel to Ohio State (Nov. 22) due to injury sustained against Northwestern.

Freshman (2007)... did not see game action ... sat out as a transfer.

Prep... attended Adrian High School (2006) coached by Phil Jacobs ... class valedictorian ... National Honor Society member ... received Cliff Nelson Award for athletic and academic achievement ... Key Statistics... accumulated 1,896 passing yards and 20 touchdowns his senior season ... had 1,528 passing yards and 19 touchdowns as a junior ... threw for 1,400 yards and tossed 10 touchdowns sophomore year ... Honors and Rankings... four-star prospect and the No. 9 quarterback prospect nationally according to Rivals.com ... rated No. 12 quarterback in the nation by Scout.com ... listed as the 12th-best prospect in Michigan by both Rivals.com and Scout.com ... selected as the No. 44 prospect in the Midwest by SuperPrep ... member of Rivals250 ... named to The Detroit News Division II All-State first team ... honorable mention Class A All-State by Detroit Free Press... first-team All-Southeastern Conference and first-team All-Lenawee County as a sophomore, junior and senior ... Other Sports... varsity letterman in baseball and basketball ... named to All-Southeastern Conference Team in baseball his sophomore year.

Personal... Steven Charles Threet was born January 2, 1989 ... mother, Pam, graduated from the University of Michigan ... brother, Jay, played baseball at both Purdue and Bowling Green ... sister, Krissy, played softball at Eastern Michigan ... enrolled in the College of Literature, Science and the Arts.
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

This would be wonderful. Just in case it doesn't work out with Mohler, at least we have something to fall back on. I don't even want to think about another season with What's His Name throwing INT's.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    This would be wonderful. Just in case it doesn't work out with Mohler, at least we have something to fall back on. I don't even want to think about another season with What's His Name throwing INT's.
    With BisonNeil going to Mass, all I can say is "Amen, Brother!!" when you mention INT's.