Page 314 of 355 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

After looking at how terrible of a job the Fargodome management is doing at booking concerts, I don't think we should give them a penny for upgrades. Why would they suddenly be able to book conventions when they can't even book routable concerts off of Minneapolis?

Check out all the concerts in Sioux Falls. They have more concerts in 2019 than we've had in probably 3 years. I'm starting to question the Fargodome by getting rid of that national management company because they could actually book some real shows.

Whatever we are doing, it's not at all competitive with Sioux Falls. Heck, Grand Forks gets as many or more shows than we do. Someone needs to get fired.

Plus Sioux Falls can fit in an entire USHL hockey season, Sioux Falls Storm, and the Summit League Tournament into the schedule as well

So far I've had to drive to other cities for The Foo Fighters and Metallica because the Fargodome sucks at booking.

DENNY SANFORD 2019 shows (so far)
    Jeff Dunham - Dec 28
    Sesame Street Live Jan 3
    Bob Seger - Jan 26
    WWE Jan 19
    Fleetwood Mac Feb 2
    Blake Shelton Feb 16
    James Taylor Feb 22
    Dierks Bentley Feb 23
    Kiss Mar 6
    Casting Crowns (April 14
    Cher may 16
    Kenny Chesney May 17
    Jim Gaffagin June 8
    Thomas Rhett Sept 5
    Carrie Underwood Oct 27
    Last edited by HerdBot; 12-26-2018 at 11:59 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    After looking at how terrible of a job the Fargodome management is doing at booking concerts, I don't think we should give them a penny for upgrades. Why would they suddenly be able to book conventions when they can't even book routable concerts off of Minneapolis?

Check out all the concerts in Sioux Falls. They have more concerts in 2019 than we've had in probably 3 years. I'm starting to question the Fargodome by getting rid of that national management company because they could actually book some real shows.

Whatever we are doing, it's not at all competitive with Sioux Falls. Heck, Grand Forks gets as many or more shows than we do. Someone needs to get fired.

Plus Sioux Falls can fit in an entire USHL hockey season, Sioux Falls Storm, and the Summit League Tournament into the schedule as well

So far I've had to drive to other cities for The Foo Fighters and Metallica because the Fargodome sucks at booking.

DENNY SANFORD 2019 shows (so far)
    Jeff Dunham - Dec 28
    Sesame Street Live Jan 3
    Bob Seger - Jan 26
    WWE Jan 19
    Fleetwood Mac Feb 2
    Blake Shelton Feb 16
    James Taylor Feb 22
    Dierks Bentley Feb 23
    Kiss Mar 6
    Casting Crowns (April 14
    Cher may 16
    Kenny Chesney May 17
    Jim Gaffagin June 8
    Thomas Rhett Sept 5
    Carrie Underwood Oct 27
    Several of those are coming or were just here, they also use Scheels Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Several of those are coming or were just here, they also use Scheels Arena
    True but Scheels arena only has a couple shows booked in 2019

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

True but Scheels arena only has a couple shows booked in 2019
    Between

Bluestem, Scheels Arena and the Dome they get plenty of shows

Also you will notice the dome generally gets the bigger name shows or newer stars

Pink
    Bruno
    Timberlake
    Shine down
    Ect..

Concerts are a tough gig still, promoters would rather do multiple shows in larger metros than 100 nights all over.

Between

Also you will notice the dome generally gets the bigger name shows or newer stars

Pink
    Bruno
    Timberlake
    Shine down
    Ect..

Concerts are a tough gig still, promoters would rather do multiple shows in larger metros than 100 nights all over.
    You are probably right on that. But the point trying to be made is that Sioux Falls and GF are not larger metro areas either.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Between

Pink
    Bruno
    Timberlake
    Shine down
    Ect..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    You are probably right on that. But the point trying to be made is that Sioux Falls and GF are not larger metro areas either.
    Promoters follow the same pattern. A line down the highway. Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Fargo, Omaha... notice how almost every show in Sioux Falls or Grand Forks is after Minneapolis?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Promoters follow the same pattern. A line down the highway. Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Fargo, Omaha... notice how almost every show in Sioux Falls or Grand Forks is after Minneapolis?
    Think it's just a North Dakota thing. The state fair was getting good concerts a while back and then they fired that promoter and went with someone who didn't spend so much money. Now the concerts suck unless you like to come down and see Nickelback eh.

Lardsin must go!

So much misinformation, but still fun to watch:

Hail the BISON!!!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    So much misinformation, but still fun to watch:

I was quickly getting bored but I watched til the end and the ending itself is well worth it...lol.

Interesting to hear the Fargodome Authority meeting. Pretty interesting listen 10-15 minutes in when they talk about the expansion. Apparently the west side is the most logical to add sky suites and could add 480 seats and suite space. They are going to check out the ones at Madison Square Garden and a place in Winnipeg. They would have to spend a few million to strengthen/support it, but it can be done

http://download.fargond.gov/3/9541-1.mp4