Page 65 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Support Bresciani

Default Re: Support Bresciani

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Rob port is fat
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    About our only hope; let's see if he remembers his alma mater when it comes to helping them.

Have to believe that Burgum will do his best to support NDSU. Remember the family connections. There's a reason there are two buildings on campus named for his family, and that doesn't count the building he donated. And that he holds the maternal side of his family in such high regard that he named his development business after them. (important because one of the buildings is named after his mom)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Have to believe that Burgum will do his best to support NDSU. Remember the family connections. There's a reason there are two buildings on campus named for his family, and that doesn't count the building he donated. And that he holds the maternal side of his family in such high regard that he named his development business after them. (important because one of the buildings is named after his mom)
    Agreed. Hard to fathom that Doug Burgum will not do his best for NDSU while remaining fair to the other institutions as well.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    But didn't Burgum also hire Don Morton as his personal assistant over at Great Plains, and now Morton is on record as the lone voting dissenter against Bresciani's contract renewal on the Higher Ed Board? Not sure what's going on there, but it could be an interesting Higher Ed dynamic between Burgum and Morton in the future.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    But didn't Burgum also hire Don Morton as his personal assistant over at Great Plains, and now Morton is on record as the lone voting dissenter against Bresciani's contract renewal on the Higher Ed Board? Not sure what's going on there, but it could be an interesting Higher Ed dynamic between Burgum and Morton in the future.
    And any existing relationship between DB and Burgum, as well as between Burgum and Morton, may have helped DB make the decision to apply for the OU position. DB maybe knew he wouldn't have Burgum's full support...just speculatin'.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    And any existing relationship between DB and Burgum, as well as between Burgum and Morton, may have helped DB make the decision to apply for the OU position. DB maybe knew he wouldn't have Burgum's full support...just speculatin'.
    or, with the way this Messed up Gov of ND treats higher ed he decided to try go elsewhere where the rest of the world actually supports their universities

ND is a mess Gov wise
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

This state struggles because we basically have a one party government. I say that as somebody that is more conservative politically but we don't have a conservative government in ND, we have a good old boys club.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

And yet we keep voting them in.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Agreed. Hard to fathom that Doug Burgum will not do his best for NDSU while remaining fair to the other institutions as well.
    This is how I see it. NDSU doesn't need special favors. It will be a help if he wards off the attempts by legislators and other state employees and such that are trying to do damage to NDSU

I'm looking forward to Burgum making good on his lean government philosophy by shutting down Valley City State, Mayville State, and whatever they call the school in Bottineau this week, and redirecting 40% of all state higher ed spending to NDSU.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."