Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Points of interest along the way to Frisco, and Dallas/Frisco area.

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Points of interest along the way to Frisco, and Dallas/Frisco area.

Mean Jean Okerland passed away today. Native of Sisseton, SD. Not much to see in Sisseton, but it's a fun FYI for the many that will travel past in the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    The edifice of the Federal Reserve is quite impressive. My kids got a bag of shredded money there.
    Been there. They do not give samples and are not impressed if you ask
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Been there. They do not give samples and are not impressed if you ask
    One would think as an owner samples would be a given.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Loretta Lynn Buffet in Hurricane Mills, TN, has a giant Bison statue out front!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post
    If you don't mind going too far out of your way, the World War I Museum in Kansas City and the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library in nearby Independence Missouri are ready good - I was there for a teachers conference and I would recommend them. The Federal Reserve in Kansas City is also an interesting tour as well.
    The WW1 museum is terrific. You'll want to set aside at least a half day or more for it. You'll be near Union station which also has some great exhibits.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    The edifice of the Federal Reserve is quite impressive. My kids got a bag of shredded money there.
    There is an actual US Mint printing plant in Ft. Worth, and they give tours. With the government shutdown, I'm not sure if they are affected or not; you would need to call.

https://www.moneyfactory.gov/fortworthtxtours.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4peat View Post
    Mean Jean Okerland passed away today. Native of Sisseton, SD. Not much to see in Sisseton, but it's a fun FYI for the many that will travel past in the next couple of days.
    Did not know he was from the area. Was he living in the SD/ND/MN area? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Did not know he was from the area. Was he living in the SD/ND/MN area? Just curious.
    I remember his son Todd Okerlund (former gopher hockey player) played prep hockey at Burnsville (MN) High School.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    He died in Sarasota Florida.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    There is an actual US Mint printing plant in Ft. Worth, and they give tours. With the government shutdown, I'm not sure if they are affected or not; you would need to call.

https://www.moneyfactory.gov/fortworthtxtours.html
    *pushes up glasses*

Small correction, the Bureau of Engraving and Printing is not a part of the US Mint, though they are both part of the Department of the Treasury.
    How the great high-arching heaven
    Looks and laughs upon it all!