Page 246 of 355 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I have a hard time believing the people stood 100% of the time. So, if it wasn't 100% like he stated (yeah...he said whole...so that's 100%)...then what was it? Was it 90%? Maybe 70%? Who knows...maybe it was 30%. Looking back at his letter, he said standing fans should be in the student section. He didn't say fans that stand the whole time...but just fans that stand...which could mean he has a problem with fans standing any amount of time. I'm thinking this is just a guy who has no interest in standing at all. He has that right...but then deal with fans that stand...it is part of the experience.
    He clearly misses the days of the "sh-ushers"
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know this gentleman quite well. He was a very well respected employee of NDSU and season ticket holder for many years (Dakotah field days). He recently gave up his season tickets after moving from the Fargo area. He's not the type to complain unnecessarily so I'm guessing the standing was for most of the game.
    I try to accomadate senior citizens out of respect but I guess that's just me. Bison fans seem to forget that we have fans from all generations.

Quote Originally Posted by 80ALUM View Post
    I know this gentleman quite well. He was a very well respected employee of NDSU and season ticket holder for many years (Dakotah field days). He recently gave up his season tickets after moving from the Fargo area. He's not the type to complain unnecessarily so I'm guessing the standing was for most of the game.
    I try to accomadate senior citizens out of respect but I guess that's just me. Bison fans seem to forget that we have fans from all generations.
    What was his opinion back in Dakotah Field days?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    What was his opinion back in Dakotah Field days?
    If I see him I'll ask. I know my experience in the Dome is definitely not the same as Dakotah field but then again age has something to do with that!

How does not standing impact your ability to cheer on the Bison?

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 02Bison View Post
    How does not standing impact your ability to cheer on the Bison?
    When I was younger in school and in Sunday school, they always made us stand up to sing because it supposedly opened up our lungs and helped us project.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I did read the article, standing the whole game would get tiring as hell... Especially after 5 hrs of standing during tailgating.

I was just writing down my personal rules when it comes to standing at ndsu games.

A lot of old people can overstate some things when it comes to this. The writers definition o of standing the whole game could be like what I just wrote down. Never know, but there's no better way of writing your rant than to send a letter to the editor.
    And young people arent prone to wild exaggerations?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    When I was younger in school and in Sunday school, they always made us stand up to sing because it supposedly opened up our lungs and helped us project.
    They also had you put butter on a burn.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 80ALUM View Post

Common courtesy is not the rule of today. Especially with a sporting event ticket in hand. I dont know why that simple fact makes some people just plain rude and selfish.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    They also had you put butter on a burn.
    I'm not familiar with this.