Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Bison hangover???
    Montana 17
    UC Davis 7
    halftime
    Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Thought they took some big injuries last week. "Shot their wad" against us
    Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    UC Davis literally planned all year for us. And lost. And then got embarrassed. They’re so overrated
    Come on guys... Is it possible that another team is also good (Montana)? The commentary is laughable. With the solid history and even recent record you have this year, there is no need to be emotionally defensive to this level with comments like this. Your still #1 when polls come out.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    Come on guys... Is it possible that another team is also good (Montana)? The commentary is laughable. With the solid history and even recent record you have this year, there is no need to be emotionally defensive to this level with comments like this. Your still #1 when polls come out.
    Maybe you should do your homework before you post. Most teams play like crap the weekend after playing ndsu. Once in a while one will get caught looking ahead to ndsu and lose to Colgate.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Maybe you should do your homework before you post. Most teams play like crap the weekend after playing ndsu. Once in a while one will get caught looking ahead to ndsu and lose to Colgate.
    Hey now, some teams just have a history of losing to Colgate.

There's no homework to be done. It's a matter of unnecessary defensive banter. I'm actually complimenting your dynasty. It is so strong that comments like that seem unneeded. No one had a hangover. Montana was simply a better match up against UC Davis. Doesn't mean that NDSU wouldn't beat Montana.

FYI JMU wasn't looking ahead to NDSU. They were worse than Colgate and maybe even deserve to be in the playoffs. In fact, your comment is another example taking a scenario and twisting it in such a way that it makes you seem overly defensive. For example couldn't be that Colgate was better than JMU. It's all due to NDSU that JMU lost last year.

In other words, why should a team that has won 7 of last 8 national championships feel the need to twist scenarios to make them sound better. They're already better....
    Last edited by JMUVtFan; 09-29-2019 at 01:36 PM.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think there is something to the Bison effect. I think we have played poorly in weeks following playing other physical teams. I think the Bison effect shows after hard fought games where we had to play hard 4 quarters. UC Davis suffered the Bison effect because they were good and we had to play hard. I doubt the previous 3 teams felt as beat up after because they weren’t good and played against 2nd string half the game

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    There's no homework to be done. It's a matter of unnecessary defensive banter. I'm actually complimenting your dynasty. It is so strong that comments like that seem unneeded. No one had a hangover. Montana was simply a better match up against UC Davis. Doesn't mean that NDSU wouldn't beat Montana.

FYI JMU wasn't looking ahead to NDSU. They were worse than Colgate and maybe even deserve to be in the playoffs. In fact, your comment is another example taking a scenario and twisting it in such a way that it makes you seem overly defensive. For example couldn't be that Colgate was better than JMU. It's all due to NDSU that JMU lost last year.

In other words, why should a team that has won 7 of last 8 national championships feel the need to twist scenarios to make them sound better. They're already better....
    What are we supposed to talk about? Something that doesn't offend other teams fans? The never ending rain? Pizza corner pizzas? You came here.

Lardsin must go!

What are we supposed to talk about? Something that doesn't offend other teams fans? The never ending rain? Pizza corner pizzas? You came here.
    Who's the distant #2 FCS team this decade:

EWU and JMU both beat NDSU in the playoffs and won a single championship. And both lost once to the Bison in Frisco. How do you decide who gets to wear the runners up crown?

I say JMU since their mascot's name is a euphemism for taking a #2.

Look how Wisconsin played yesterday compared to last weekend. They looked all world last weekend. Had a little hangover this weekend. We Bison fans see that after a team plays us. They get so up for NDSU that they have trouble matching that intensity the next week. It's a real thing that we see happening. Sorry it offends you so much.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Who's the distant #2 FCS team this decade:

EWU and JMU both beat NDSU in the playoffs and won a single championship. And both lost once to the Bison in Frisco. How do you decide who gets to wear the runners up crown?

I say JMU since their mascot's name is a euphemism for taking a #2.
    I say JMU because streamers are less annoying than cowbells and red turf... and at least they only throw those streamers when they score. You can't avoid looking at the red turf or hearing the effing cowbells all damn game.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I say JMU because streamers are less annoying than cowbells and red turf... and at least they only throw those streamers when they score. You can't avoid looking at the red turf or hearing the effing cowbells all damn game.
    These are also good reasons. Turning over the bunnies ten times in one game also must count for something. Looks like the dukes are running away with this unless someone can come to the defense of the eagles.