Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like Grant is coming home!

Default Re: Looks like Grant is coming home!

Quote Originally Posted by KyleK View Post
    Agree that being a great player doesn't just make you a good coach, plus it says something that Mollery who was with Grsnt at Wyo asked him to be a tree.

But if both CK & ME want him on their staff that sure says enough for me about his ability as a coach and how some really qualified people feel about him as a coach too.

I would love the hire if it happens.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Just look at how the trees were improving. Also it says something that Mollory who was also at WYO brought GO on.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    "Done Deal" but this hangs out there: "There was/is also interest in Coach Olson at Kansas State."
    I agree. If GO is truly wanted (and I mean offered a job) at K-State, there is no way he lands back in Fargo this coming year. A Big 12 vs MVFC position...hmmm, what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    I agree. If GO is truly wanted (and I mean offered a job) at K-State, there is no way he lands back in Fargo this coming year. A Big 12 vs MVFC position...hmmm, what to do.
    His wife has a serious professional career too and shes made more money this year than the highest paid assistant coach on K State made.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I don’t have concerns, I just know nothing about his coaching and communication skills. I was just asking/inquiring because being a good player doesn’t miraculously make a great for a great coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is an excellent point. The only people that know what he is like as a coach are Bohl's crew and the coaches where he is now. He was a great player, but that doesn't necessarily translate into a good coach, communicator or recruiter. There is a reason that he is no longer with Bohl at Wyoming. That could be any number of things. When Entz was hired the way he was hired I came to the conclusion that we would be a three loss team next year. Now with four more coaches gone and the way that decisions are being made, I believe that we will be a four loss team next year and probably the year after. Bisonville will once again be up in arms. Let the flame throwing begin.

Quote Originally Posted by On_the_road View Post
    This is an excellent point. The only people that know what he is like as a coach are Bohl's crew and the coaches where he is now. He was a great player, but that doesn't necessarily translate into a good coach, communicator or recruiter. There is a reason that he is no longer with Bohl at Wyoming. That could be any number of things. When Entz was hired the way he was hired I came to the conclusion that we would be a three loss team next year. Now with four more coaches gone and the way that decisions are being made, I believe that we will be a four loss team next year and probably the year after. Bisonville will once again be up in arms. Let the flame throwing begin.
    BS

Which 4 teams are gonna beat us next year? Give us prediction here happy guy.

He left Wyo to take a job as a position coach, a step up from being a graduate assistant.

The reason he is no longer with Bohl in Wyoming is because he was a defensive quality control coach there and he was offered a position coach (LBs) job under former Wyoming assistant Curt Mallory at Indiana St. Mallory is "part of Bohl's crew". It's not like he was ran out of town as a quality control coach for a defense that was pretty good in 2016 (the year they played in the MWC title game).

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    BS

Which 4 teams are gonna beat us next year? Give us prediction here happy guy.
    Given his "Grant Olson must not be a very good coach since he's no longer in Wyoming" logic I'd say you could ask your magic 8 ball the same question and get results just as accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I don’t have concerns, I just know nothing about his coaching and communication skills. I was just asking/inquiring because being a good player doesn’t miraculously make a great for a great coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vet70 encouraged me to get back into Bisonville this year after ignoring it for many years. Observation of this post....logical thinking. CAS, why must you bring logical thinking into the conversation? It doesn't go over very well.

Grant will be a great coach and an awesome recruiter for us. That's my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So...how was he hired?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Relax Francis.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.