Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Jory Collins is the new head coach!

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Jory Collins is the new head coach!

From NDSU pretty well writes off start of recruiting for area juniors.

As many of you may know North Dakota State University has announced Jory Collins as the new women’s basketball coach. We are very excited to have him here in Fargo!
    With new coaches come changes and one of the changes decided upon by the coaching staff is to the College Prep Camp schedule.
    Instead of starting at 6 pm on Sunday, June 9th and ending at noon on Tuesday, June 11th the camp will be held one day only – Sunday, June 9th.
    The camp will run from 9 am to 4 pm and cost $75 (which will include lunch and t-shirt). We hope you can join our staff and players for camp that day. A refund will be issued for the difference in cost if you do decide to attend. If a one day camp is not what you are interested in a full refund will be issued.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    From NDSU pretty well writes off start of recruiting for area juniors.

As many of you may know North Dakota State University has announced Jory Collins as the new women’s basketball coach. We are very excited to have him here in Fargo!
    With new coaches come changes and one of the changes decided upon by the coaching staff is to the College Prep Camp schedule.
    Instead of starting at 6 pm on Sunday, June 9th and ending at noon on Tuesday, June 11th the camp will be held one day only – Sunday, June 9th.
    The camp will run from 9 am to 4 pm and cost $75 (which will include lunch and t-shirt). We hope you can join our staff and players for camp that day. A refund will be issued for the difference in cost if you do decide to attend. If a one day camp is not what you are interested in a full refund will be issued.
    Explain how this "writes off" the start of recruiting for area juniors?? The camp is still being held just 1 day not 3.

There could be many reason for the change. Not enough attendees might be the first.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Explain how this "writes off" the start of recruiting for area juniors?? The camp is still being held just 1 day not 3.

There could be many reason for the change. Not enough attendees might be the first.
    What I see happening with young ladies in the region is they travel as a group. Not necessilarily with their high school teams but with their AAU teams. If you look at the three UND recruits that will enroll at UND this fall. They played AAU together, went to the UND camp together. Probably went to other camps together.

The young ladies talk and plan together what they want to do, then bring the parents into the conversation. As for NDSU there was a group of local young ladies that play AAU ball togehter and they were going to attend the NDSU camp. When this announcement came out, they very quickly decided not to attempt and are looking at didn't opportunities. With AAU play, camps, high school team camps. There are not a lot of dates open for college camps. If the college has an opportunity for a group to attend, you want them to attend. At the very least if they like the new staff they will communicate it via twitter, instragram or however they are communicating on a given day.

The group my daughter is associated with decided was not what they wanted to do. Although in state a number of then would have to travel to Fargo. So the group has moved on.

As I said whether they play D1 or would get offers at some point from NDSU, it isn't really the point. But its move of attempt to build goodwilll and develop ambassabdors in Eastern ND and Western ND.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Did not see this posted before---Morgan Paige is now listed as an Assistant Coach.
    https://gobison.com/staff.aspx?staff=427
    Confirming this:

Dom Izzo
    @DomIzzoWDAY
    ·
    56m
    #NDSU announces that Morgan Paige will remain on Jory Collins’ staff. Paige has been an assistant the last three years for the women’s team, she will take over as the recruiting coordinator for the Bison.
    https://gobison.com/news/2019/5/13/p...or-duties.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    I guess because she has been so successful over the last three years recruiting, best to keep her.... oh brother...

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    What I see happening with young ladies in the region is they travel as a group. Not necessilarily with their high school teams but with their AAU teams. If you look at the three UND recruits that will enroll at UND this fall. They played AAU together, went to the UND camp together. Probably went to other camps together.

The young ladies talk and plan together what they want to do, then bring the parents into the conversation. As for NDSU there was a group of local young ladies that play AAU ball togehter and they were going to attend the NDSU camp. When this announcement came out, they very quickly decided not to attempt and are looking at didn't opportunities. With AAU play, camps, high school team camps. There are not a lot of dates open for college camps. If the college has an opportunity for a group to attend, you want them to attend. At the very least if they like the new staff they will communicate it via twitter, instragram or however they are communicating on a given day.

The group my daughter is associated with decided was not what they wanted to do. Although in state a number of then would have to travel to Fargo. So the group has moved on.

As I said whether they play D1 or would get offers at some point from NDSU, it isn't really the point. But its move of attempt to build goodwilll and develop ambassabdors in Eastern ND and Western ND.
    Thanks for the explanation. I guess we will have to wait and see how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    I guess because she has been so successful over the last three years recruiting, best to keep her.... oh brother...
    yea, not liking the D2 coach keeping the current recruiter yikes. ill pour one out for you Bisonionette
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yea, not liking the D2 coach keeping the current recruiter yikes. ill pour one out for you Bisonionette
    She may have recruited players but she was not the recruiting coordinator under MW. I would say that we should cut the new coach some slack, see how he does and then break out the tar and feathers. But then again, that would not be BV.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Honestly, I would have been shocked and disappointed if Kory hadn't kept one existing assistant. If only for one year. Coming to a new school and conference, I'd want one person close by that knew how things ran on a day to day level at NDSU, and who knew something about the other coaches and players in the conference. Sure Kory and his new staff could rework everything from scratch, by why waste time developing and teaching a new way on some trivial stuff when the old way worked fine.

Keep someone like Morgan on for a year as you pick her brain for the way things were done. Decide what absolutely needs to change(and don't say everything; that's shortsighted and wasteful of the most critical resource: time), and what can be left in place for a year or three. Evaluate Morgan throughout the season to see if she's salvageable, and either keep her or let her go at the end of the year.

As far as being recruiting coordinator, that's the perfect job for her this year. She'll be the only one of the new staff to know the current schools, coaches and recruits in the region. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she's reassigned after a year(if she's even kept on) once one of Kory's people is up to speed. But for this one year, this is the place for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    She may have recruited players but she was not the recruiting coordinator under MW. I would say that we should cut the new coach some slack, see how he does and then break out the tar and feathers. But then again, that would not be BV.
    Bingo......
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."