Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Badlands Bowl

Default Re: Badlands Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    What that tells me without digging too deep is that the East side of ND doesn't want to go to school on the far West side of the state.
    Fair point. I may be way off base but what kind of similar opportunities does the eastern side of Montana present to kids? I ask out of pure ignorance.

This topic has drifted from Bison football. Sorry for any part I had in the derailment (even if it is a very Bisonville thing to do ��)

Quote Originally Posted by cme2012 View Post
    Fair point. I may be way off base but what kind of similar opportunities does the eastern side of Montana present to kids? I ask out of pure ignorance.

This topic has drifted from Bison football. Sorry for any part I had in the derailment (even if it is a very Bisonville thing to do ��)
    There are 3 colleges in E Montana All Community Colleges. E Monta is split between Cats and Griz (lots of Bison Fans as well) but a lot of kids go to ND schools. Lots of Eastern MT kids in the FM

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I dont think a single kid in my class went to DSU now that I think about it.
    Dickinson is quite different than the eastern side of the state, they have much more in common with eastern Montana than they do with say Fargo. The Ag courses are well attended and even the kids who have other majors tend to come from rural backgrounds. It's much more of a ranching/cowboy culture there. Their rodeo team routinely finishes in the top 10 in the nation....except for this year. It's not uncommon to hear people who grew up in that area say they're from ND...west river that is....as they feel they don't have a lot in common with the east end of the state who many feel are more in tune with Minnesota. Many people from that area think that instead of North and South Dakota it shoud have been East and West Dakota with the Missouri river being the border.

Yes they do get a lot of athletes from eastern Mt and even Wyoming as there aren't really any opportunities in those areas for kids to go on and play say football....unless of course they are D1 material. Even the BB players can only go the JUCO route.
    Last edited by mtoutfitter; 06-20-2017 at 01:48 AM. Reason: spelling
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

They talked a little about the Badlands Bowl on the Insiders today on Bison 1660. Also had Coach Klieman as a guest

https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...2017-full-show

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Heard a report that NDSU recruit Zach Willis from West Fargo was the best player on the field, either side. He had a leg injury, not sure what or the seriousness of it.
    Thankfully Zach is ok. He was 100% at his lifting session today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Thankfully Zach is ok. He was 100% at his lifting session today.

That is great news
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    There are 3 colleges in E Montana All Community Colleges. E Monta is split between Cats and Griz (lots of Bison Fans as well) but a lot of kids go to ND schools. Lots of Eastern MT kids in the FM
    It would make sense that there are so many players from MT at DSU then. Thanks for the input.

I would agree with ByeSon. I went to West Fargo and I don't know a single person I went to school with that went the route of going that far west.

The DSU coach Pete Stanton is from Baker originally. Baker is a very good football school btw.

Stanton started recruiting Montana a lot more when he took over for Hank. Montana has way way more high school football players than ND. Sort of like what Minnesota is to NDSU, more numbers means more kids who can play in college.

There appears to be more than 200 high school football teams in Montana where as ND has 90.

This game would be like Fargo South or Bismarck Century taking on Northern Cass.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    There appears to be more than 200 high school football teams in Montana where as ND has 90.

This game would be like Fargo South or Bismarck Century taking on Northern Cass.
    2016 Fall enrollments
    Century 1,226
    South 1,011
    Northern Cass 165