Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Default Re: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Vegas consensus now a pick 'em as well even though quite a few books still have JMU as a slight fave but the lines everywhere are now moving in NDSU's favor.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/college...te/01-11-20#BT
    Lots of bets being placed in Sioux City by Bison migrants? Would that be enough to move the line?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Good article. Only thing he missed is that Stick was drafted too

Does this matchup remind anyone of Jacksonville State University championship game? JSU had a bunch of FBS transfers, a good defense statistically mostly because of a down conference, played a FBS opponent tough and ect... The sportswriters were gushing over JSU because they should have beat a very good Auburn team, and NDSU ran the ball down their throats as usual. There is no Carso Wentz in this one, but Lance throws a better deep ball than any of the last three,runs the ball just as well if not better than two of them and just as accurate throwing with better anticipation than stick. I am feeling better about this game each day because of our freshman quarterback. God I wish I could afford a trip there someday!

Quote Originally Posted by Honda1 View Post
    Does this matchup remind anyone of Jacksonville State University championship game? JSU had a bunch of FBS transfers, a good defense statistically mostly because of a down conference, played a FBS opponent tough and ect... The sportswriters were gushing over JSU because they should have beat a very good Auburn team, and NDSU ran the ball down their throats as usual. There is no Carso Wentz in this one, but Lance throws a better deep ball than any of the last three,runs the ball just as well if not better than two of them and just as accurate throwing with better anticipation than stick. I am feeling better about this game each day because of our freshman quarterback. God I wish I could afford a trip there someday!
    There a some similarities. But JMU defense>>>>than that JSU defense. Even though the CAA was down this year by what appears to be quite a bit based on the playoffs results. Still better than the OVC has been.

Also NDSU did play well and had a good game running the ball but I would say far from great 49 carries 185 yards 3.77 YPC when the team averaged like 236 a game and 4.99 a carry on the year

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Lots of bets being placed in Sioux City by Bison migrants? Would that be enough to move the line?
    Was Northern Iowa the only common opponent? That set of results sure looks definitive for the Bison! If I was a Dioux, I believe I'd stay away from looking at stuff like that.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Was Northern Iowa the only common opponent? That set of results sure looks definitive for the Bison! If I was a Dioux, I believe I'd stay away from looking at stuff like that.
    Yes, they did have some weather I believe so I don’t think there’s much takeaway from that. UNI basically did nothing on offense all day and never crossed JMU’s 30. Only takeaway is both teams won fairly easy (their score doesn’t quite show that).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Have some fun!

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Yes, they did have some weather I believe so I don’t think there’s much takeaway from that. UNI basically did nothing on offense all day and never crossed JMU’s 30. Only takeaway is both teams won fairly easy (their score doesn’t quite show that).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Another take away is UNI was without 2 WR's and one of their RB's was dinged up against JMU. They didn't have much of an offense going into that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Another take away is UNI was without 2 WR's and one of their RB's was dinged up against JMU. They didn't have much of an offense going into that game.
    Was their OL fairly healthy? They seemed to get dominated in the trenches so idk how much of a difference those guys would have made.