Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Capital Building Requests 2013-2015

ISXBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU Capital Building Requests 2013-2015

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    People do send e-mails to the politicians expressing “concerns” though sometimes they do it under a fake name. No worries though, they have ways of finding out who is expressing their “opinions.”
    I see what you did there

I don't think I like the leading location candidate for the STEM building. They want to put it just south of Churchill Hall along University. One thing I do like about the project is that they plan to demo that little former health building between Ceres and Dinan. Another tidbit about the project is they basically say don't bother funding the Ladd/Dunbar renovation if you don't give us the STEM building. They can't afford to shut down any of the science classrooms and labs in Ladd/Dunbar for renovation until new space is created. If the STEM building is approved, it will house all of the teaching labs and Ladd/Dunbar will become a pure research facility. If you want to read some scary stuff, check out the comments about Harris Hall. I'm sure it's a bit exaggerated in an attempt to get funding, but if even half of it were true, I wouldn't want to work there.

This pretty much sums up my face over the next few months as a former denizen of the Ladd chemistry labs:

Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

And just think if you would have got your penis enlarging potion to work, DJ!?!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsfan View Post
    how doesn't the politicians see your comments/emails and fix the ndsu allocation model? is there no public pressure from ndsu alumni I guess is what i am asking.
    Where are the statesmen? I think that is what you mean.

I see UND is requesting 19.5 million to be reapproved for an indoor football practice facility. I think its non state. Also NDSCS and Valley City State want some new sports facilities too.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If the context were removed from the Harris Hall description, I wouldn't have been able to tell that it wasn't talking about facilities in India and China that I have to deal with in my job.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I see UND is requesting 19.5 million to be reapproved for an indoor football practice facility. I think its non state.
    Correct. That's the section of the agenda where the board has to approve construction on State property but the money is coming from private (non-State) funds.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Correct. That's the section of the agenda where the board has to approve construction on State property but the money is coming from private (non-State) funds.
    It said it was approved 4 years ago. Why are they approving it again?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    It said it was approved 4 years ago. Why are they approving it again?
    Because construction hasn't started. The same thing happened with the BSA project over the past couple of bienniums.

533 In a row