Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I did not see the trophy room plans.
    Not sure why you laughing, this is something we can only dream of
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Imagine if the state of North Dakota would come up with matching funds like Wyoming? Would have made life sooooo much easier for us to get the SHAC done.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    This right here is why we will never be able to keep up

ND does not think this way, absolutely sad Wyoming is at a level higher than us...just pisses me off reading this and seeing their state matching funds up to 20Million, can you imagine if ND would have helped throw 20 million at the SHAC, we could have had a 50-60 million dollar arena
    Seems to me that certain universities in ND are helped out by the state with inflated budgets. Just maybe not direct handouts for athletics

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Not sure why you laughing, this is something we can only dream of
    It adds how many seat to the football stadium? Will it make them a winner? Our new weight room will be in the shac . Locker rooms may or may not need to be remodeled, I have never been in them.
    ND will never find things like this with all the differnt colleges and universities which need funding in the state. It will take combination with city of Fargo and west Fargo and NDSU supporters to make things happen.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

It adds how many seat to the football stadium? Will it make them a winner? Our new weight room will be in the shac . Locker rooms may or may not need to be remodeled, I have never been in them.
    ND will never find things like this with all the differnt colleges and universities which need funding in the state. It will take combination with city of Fargo and west Fargo and NDSU supporters to make things happen.
    They have 11 thousand more seats than we do or more

Their stadium hold more than their city by 5 to 7 thousand, we couldn't fit west fargo in ours, it's sad we have 300 k more people in the state than they have. No way we should be laughing at them

Hell Cass County would be what 48% of the entire state population in Wyoming....those are just guessing numbers of course but they are close to reality
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Are they winning anything anytime soon or ever????????there is a $100 million hockey arena 70 miles from Fargo with not a national title won since it opened. I guess fancy places to play are better than winning. Are facilities are very good but yes we need to always be improving and adding to them.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Are they winning anything anytime soon or ever????????there is a $100 million hockey arena 70 miles from Fargo with not a national title won since it opened. I guess fancy places to play are better than winning. Are facilities are very good but yes we need to always be improving and adding to them.
    I think his point is not the tradition and actually facilities, but the support they get, we struggled for what 30 million and Wyoming as a state gave 20 mill alone to 1 project. It is sad

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    I think his point is not the tradition and actually facilities, but the support they get, we struggled for what 30 million and Wyoming as a state gave 20 mill alone to 1 project. It is sad
    Wyoming has ONE four year university. It's simple.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    This is what I thought when I read that. I mean North Dakota really only has one four year university with a real athletic program, but there are a lot of little schools sucking the education budget dry. That has been a conversation already had so I won't get back into it other than an overhaul with a focus on some quality two year programs feeding a couple of four year programs would go a lot further in this state than having four year schools 50 miles apart all over the state. No one needs to get home on a horse anymore.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I know that, but even if nd had a one university model or even 2 I doubt it would be any different