Page 98 of 134 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Grant Nelson from Devils Lake - he must really be under the radar. I had never even heard of him before. It is pretty hard for a player to go unnoticed in the EDC that has division 1 talent - I am a bit skeptical on him, but I will wait to hear more about him on the AAU circuit. His team 17u ECI prospects are mid level. I saw they lost to Minnesota Matrix (Mason Miller plays for them) Can anybody tell me about his game?

Banks plays on D1MN adidas which has an outstanding team this summer. His team will have several high major recruits on the roster (dawson Garcia, Kerwin Walton, Kendal Brown, Drake Dobbs, Ben Carlson, . He would be a nice piece to get.

One player we should be going all in on is Grant Morgan from Waseca/Minnesota Heat AAU 16s (6'8") 2021. His game is awfully similar to Marshall Bjorkland and he is going to be a mid major type of recruit.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Grant Nelson from Devils Lake - he must really be under the radar. I had never even heard of him before. It is pretty hard for a player to go unnoticed in the EDC that has division 1 talent - I am a bit skeptical on him, but I will wait to hear more about him on the AAU circuit. His team 17u ECI prospects are mid level. I saw they lost to Minnesota Matrix (Mason Miller plays for them) Can anybody tell me about his game?

Banks plays on D1MN adidas which has an outstanding team this summer. His team will have several high major recruits on the roster (dawson Garcia, Kerwin Walton, Kendal Brown, Drake Dobbs, Ben Carlson, . He would be a nice piece to get.

One player we should be going all in on is Grant Morgan from Waseca/Minnesota Heat AAU 16s (6'8") 2021. His game is awfully similar to Marshall Bjorkland and he is going to be a mid major type of recruit.
    Grant is a late bloomer, but he was all EDC and 2nd team all state. This is first year playing AAU basketball. All I know as he really caught college coaches attention with his performance in St. Cloud (April 13-14). Was told that most of the Northern Sun schools and NDSU watched. NDSU contacted him the next week, in-homed visited the next. Local college coach I know said that Grant was the talk amongst the college coaches from North Dakota that were in St. Cloud. No one ever said there was a scholarship offer. Guessing they are in a wait-and-see plan with him (more from the AAU circuit this summer). I think his game and Noah Christenson's game are very similar. NDSU is going to have some money to spend with four seniors.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Maleeck Harden-Hayes has committed to NDSU.
    Officially signed his letter of intent on Thursday.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/baske...r-area-recruit

"NDSU still has one scholarship remaining for next season. With the departure of 6-8 junior forward Deng Geu via the NCAA graduate transfer rule, NDSU will most likely sign an inside player."

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Officially signed his letter of intent on Thursday.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/baske...r-area-recruit

"NDSU still has one scholarship remaining for next season. With the departure of 6-8 junior forward Deng Geu via the NCAA graduate transfer rule, NDSU will most likely sign an inside player."
    ?????

There must be another defection we don't know about yet because I'm pretty sure they can only have 15 on the roster (and 13 on scholarship).

Seniors (4)
    Quayle
    Samuelson
    Shahid
    Ward

Juniors (3)
    Horn
    Hunter
    Kreuser

Sophomores (5)
    Cook
    Eady
    Griesel
    Knotek
    Meidinger

Freshman (3)
    Christenson
    Harden-Hayes
    Wilson

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    ?????

There must be another defection we don't know about yet because I'm pretty sure they can only have 15 on the roster (and 13 on scholarship).

Seniors (4)
    Quayle
    Samuelson
    Shahid
    Ward

Juniors (3)
    Horn
    Hunter
    Kreuser

Sophomores (5)
    Cook
    Eady
    Griesel
    Knotek
    Meidinger

Freshman (3)
    Christenson
    Harden-Hayes
    Wilson
    I'm guessing Meidinger is done. Can't get or stay healthy. Sad for him and us, he's a great kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    ?????

There are no roster size limitations in DI basketball, only a scholarship limit(13). You might have gotten the number 15 from the number of WBB scholarships.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    There are no roster size limitations in DI basketball, only a scholarship limit(13). You might have gotten the number 15 from the number of WBB scholarships.
    You're right. Was just doing some research and that's correct. Not sure where I got that 15 player maximum from. Maybe that's just the NBA roster limit.

It could just be that was the limit on my NCAA Basketball 2010 xbox game.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I cannot express enough the need for a "big" with this last scholly...not another 6'6" kid that actually measures 6'5".

Basically means only 12 guys on that list of 15 are getting a scholarship this year. Interested to know who wouldn’t be on scholarship.

Boden is really balling out this summer, he will definitely be an impact player. Playing good basketball at Atlanta Terrific 24 tournament.

@BFlinnElevate
    7h7 hours ago
    More North Dakota State commit Boden Skunberg (@BSkunberg) looks like he’s going to be a player! Skilled guard has shown great passing acumen and the ability to score on multiple levels this afternoon #Terrific24