Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What game/season hooked you on Bison football?

Default Re: What game/season hooked you on Bison football?

Getting hammered too many times with my track teammate Kevin Donnalley who went on to play for the Patriots and coach the Bison under Hager.

Playing BB games of horse using only dunks with track teammates Stacy Robinson (2nd round draft choice by the Giants) and Jeff Conley (who was also a wide receiver) as a warm up to indoor track practice.

Being a track teammate with Robert Blakely who was also a wide receiver and 7th round draft choice by St. Louis.

Renting a room from former track teammate Shane Hoddenfield my first year of coaching women’s track and field while he was an assistant football coach under Rocky. The next year a young grad assistant named Gus Bradley rented the same room.

Rocky saying “How’s it going Schweigs” in the hallway of the BSA.

Hearing the glass break from the schnapps bottle thrown at Ed Schultz in the press booth behind me as I drank from my own bottle.

Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJump View Post
    Getting hammered too many times with my track teammate Kevin Donnalley who went on to play for the Patriots and coach the Bison under Hager.

Playing BB games of horse using only dunks with track teammates Stacy Robinson (2nd round draft choice by the Giants) and Jeff Conley (who was also a wide receiver) as a warm up to indoor track practice.

Being a track teammate with Robert Blakely who was also a wide receiver and 7th round draft choice by St. Louis.

Renting a room from former track teammate Shane Hoddenfield my first year of coaching women’s track and field while he was an assistant football coach under Rocky. The next year a young grad assistant named Gus Bradley rented the same room.

Rocky saying “How’s it going Schweigs” in the hallway of the BSA.

Hearing the glass break from the schnapps bottle thrown at Ed Schultz in the press booth behind me as I drank from my own bottle.

Etc.
    Hail the BISON!!!

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

1966 NDSU vs UND at GF. I believe Sporting News sent a reporter to cover the "rivaly" game. NDSU won 18–15 on a late field goal by Bill Bergy(?) which the article described as the 'lowest, slowest' field goal the reporter had ever seen kicked. The NDSU party in GF afterward was an absolute blast. Everclear flowed freely that night. You couldn't even trust the ice or the drinking water. Beer wasn't even a consideration, because it was a watery 3.2 beer back then.

Just for old times sake - when the foundation was being laid: https://gobison.com/hof.aspx?hof=60&path=&kiosk and https://www.inforum.com/sports/30375...eer-2012-squad
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    1966 NDSU vs UND at GF. I believe Sporting News sent a reporter to cover the "rivaly" game. NDSU won 18–15 on a late field goal by Bill Bergy(?) which the article described as the 'lowest, slowest' field goal the reporter had ever seen kicked. The NDSU party in GF afterward was an absolute blast. Everclear flowed freely that night. You couldn't even trust the ice or the drinking water. Beer wasn't even a consideration, because it was a watery 3.2 beer back then.

Just for old times sake - when the foundation was being laid: https://gobison.com/hof.aspx?hof=60&path=&kiosk and https://www.inforum.com/sports/30375...eer-2012-squad
    1966?

Everclear flowed freely!

190 proof should have wormed you up a bit. I tried Everclear for a while as a mixed drink, but drank it like beer. Didn't work out for me very well so I just went back to beer.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    1966?

Everclear flowed freely!

190 proof should have wormed you up a bit. I tried Everclear for a while as a mixed drink, but drank it like beer. Didn't work out for me very well so I just went back to beer.
    Well, I confident you were not the date of most folks in the stands back then. But if you were only a 5.4 or 5.5 young thing from small town ND/MN, Everclear was sufficient for everyone to have a good time.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Well, I confident you were not the date of most folks in the stands back then. But if you were only a 5.4 or 5.5 young thing from small town ND/MN, Everclear was sufficient for everyone to have a good time.
    Didn't mean to offend. A half pint of Everclear works great to sneak into a game. 2oz in a 16oz coke still makes you smell like rubbing alcohol but will do the trick. It was me that couldn't seem to monitor my intake.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    This one?

CalBisonFan, any chance you have full versions of those games?
    I don't have the full versions anymore. Might be on a VHS tape somewhere, but I've kind of lost the drive to do this anymore. Seems like it's gotten more complicated as I upgrade my tech equipment. Sorry

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bison fan from the moment of conception. Ndsu radical since the d2 wrestling national championship where I believe saxland 3/4 Nelson'd a guy from a stand up and stick him in the finals. Bad assssss

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Bison fan from the moment of conception. Ndsu radical since the d2 wrestling national championship where I believe saxland 3/4 Nelson'd a guy from a stand up and stick him in the finals. Bad assssss
    So you wrested in high school and NDSU or were you an NDSU fan.
    OR are you a RASLIN fan? If so Dusty Rhoads or Rick Flair? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    1966?

Everclear flowed freely!

Umm, I think Everclear killed worms...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)