Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    This is Richman's 4th year. His worst year ironically was his second year in which they went 20-13(8-8) and I believe made it to the Conference finals. He took over a program that was very poorly recruited considering the success that was happening, IMO.

The program was never given a chance to benefit off that Oklahoma win in recruiting because Saul never tied recruiting up before he left and I would imagine a rookie HC didn't have a lot of pull. Richman has done an excellent job at recruiting perimeter players and a very poor job at recruiting inside. The player development argument is garbage. Paul Miller's development has been significant, same with Ward. On the flip side, the player development of the inside players, well, has been garbage.

Firing Richman opinions are just ignorant and completely unsubstantiated. He has been NDSU's most successful coach in history, and despite what anyone thinks, this season's success is based on conference, not out of conference. This ain't football where NDSU is expected to compete for Championships in a sub division. I would personally be pissed if Richman beat all these teams and then pissed the conference away.

With all that being said, Richman better figure out how to coach offense and get his teams to play with a little energy, immediately, or the above arguments for him are going to quickly lose their merit.
    so ndsu is 3-5 (Stetson & Florida A M 328 & 344 RPI) so basically 1-5 . they lost last 2 of 2016 season. next 6=und Arizona UNC-wilm & UTEP SDSU USD. 1-13!!!!!!! if that happens you think long and hard about sending him back to ndscs
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    Curious if Craig Smith was available and an option when Saul left? Don’t remember the circumstances at that time.
    I was at Sioux falls BWWS on summit semifinal night when Craig Smith could've been had at NDSU by gene taylor... but gene didn't know Saul was gonna get a MAC offer a week later grre

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Hunter 1
    Paul 2
    Ward 3
    Geu 4
    Miller 5

AJ off the bench as the "spark" and Rocky the next guy on.... Samuelson in to shoot 3's. that's how you win the summit. Athleticism
    ahem my lineup wins

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I think USD hired Craig shortly after we lost to San Diego State in the big dance, so a few weeks before he left.
    Would Craig have been a top candidate if still available? Would he have been interested?

Would Craig have been a top candidate if still available? Would he have been interested?
    Probably the only external option GT would have considered...He would have been very interested from what I had heard at the time.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Comes across as grumpy

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    How so? 10char

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Probably the only external option GT would have considered...He would have been very interested from what I had heard at the time.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Prolly wouldve been between those two

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    How so? 10char
    Watch him.on the sideline. Is there ever a smile?

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Curious if Craig Smith was available and an option when Saul left? Don’t remember the circumstances at that time.
    Craig was hired at usd before Saul left he would have loved to return to fargo....
    We have Dave and we will be fine
    I think we will make a run in conference and this will be forgotten
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Comes across as grumpy

Watch him.on the sideline. Is there ever a smile?

IM not the biggest Dave R fan, but this is a really bad take. Have you seen Duke's coach K on the sideline? If this is why they wont play better, then I would question who we are recruiting more than the coaches demeanor. As a matter of fact when he got into it at UND last year I was glad to finally see some fire from him.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club