Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I agree with and the 3 point shooting has been far too many the last couple years or so. I do think the problem is a good portion of NDSU's 3's aren't within an offensive system, but towards the end of the shot clock after the offensive set has gone to shit. If they are taking 3's in a halfcourt set and just not hitting that's one thing, but so many of them come in a garbage y0-ball type sloppyset. That is one area that really needs to change.

I'm not sure he he has done less with more talent. Possibly he has depending on how someone is viewing his success/failure, but he has the talent to be a top end Summit team, and 2 of his 3 years they were, and even arguably all 3. NDSU does not have more talented players than SDSU.

Really hate that we don't have Craig Smith, especially considering he turned down a better opportunity to stay at USD. That dude coaches scheme and system better than any other program in the Summit and it isn't even close. They are always well disciplined and his teams play hard for him every game, which NDSU can't say that.

I would still rather have Richman with his faults over more than half the coaches in the Summit, I think a better question is should that be enough for NDSU if his tenure continues in the manner it has over the next couple of years. If he can continue recruiting the way he has and get 1-2 more impacting big men we should likely see his most well rounded team in 2-3 years. At that point IMO we should have a gauge of if he's the kind of coach NDSU wants to move forward with on their own accord.
    IFFFFFFFFF he gets impacting men??? HE HAD DEX and didn't start him---limited his minutes;

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    IFFFFFFFFF he gets impacting men??? HE HAD DEX and didn't start him---limited his minutes;
    Definitely agree.

And maybe that’s how he was most effective
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Not starting Dex means absolutely nothing. He was usually brought in within a few minutes of play. It is not like he didn't play until there was 10 minutes left in the half.

My issue with Dex was more how he was used then the whole starting thing, although I think at times he should have had him start second halves.

Gue is a bigger example of player he wastes away on the bench, the guy has his issues but he plays well and gets 15 minutes at times. It is ridiculous.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

What about the grumblings that his players don't like him? I pretty much haven't heard much good about him...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    My issue with Dex was more how he was used then the whole starting thing, although I think at times he should have had him start second halves.

Gue is a bigger example of player he wastes away on the bench, the guy has his issues but he plays well and gets 15 minutes at times. It is ridiculous.
    I noticed when Geu was playing well the last game, he scored something like 6 early on I think, then Richman took him out....I was yelling at the tv.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    What about the grumblings that his players don't like him? I pretty much haven't heard much good about him...
    Comes across as grumpy

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Curious if Craig Smith was available and an option when Saul left? Don’t remember the circumstances at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    Curious if Craig Smith was available and an option when Saul left? Don’t remember the circumstances at that time.
    I think USD hired Craig shortly after we lost to San Diego State in the big dance, so a few weeks before he left.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.