Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 MVFC Season

Default Re: 2019 MVFC Season

1-8 record this week as a conference. If you include Youngstown’s win from week zero, the record improves to 2-8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    1-8 record this week as a conference. If you include Youngstown’s win from week zero, the record improves to 2-8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Uni and SDSU loses are a bit deceiving but yeah, not a good looking record.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Worst thing were the losses to other FCS teams that will be considered at playoff time when everyone is preaching about how tough our conference is.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Worst thing were the losses to other FCS teams that will be considered at playoff time when everyone is preaching about how tough our conference is.
    Just wait till the Fhawkers drag our conference standing down.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Don't mind the 0-4 FBS record so much as the losses were by 3, 7, 7 & 14(though a couple scalps would have been nice). But the 2-4 record against FCS opponents was bad. Worse, those losses were by 9, 14, 14 & 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Don't mind the 0-4 FBS record so much as the losses were by 3, 7, 7 & 14(though a couple scalps would have been nice). But the 2-4 record against FCS opponents was bad. Worse, those losses were by 9, 14, 14 & 18.
    With the CAA crapping the bed last year with all their playoff spots and the MVFC sucking in the out of conference season, will be interesting to see the mix of playoffs spots between all the conferences at the end of the regular season this year.

Watching the bunnies-goophs game I was pretty impressed with the offensive game calling for the jacks. I see in the strib this week that PJ is on his D a bit to be less aggressive and play smarter (http://www.startribune.com/gophers-r...ner/559315412/). Haven't watched it again but I’m guessing that’s partially in response to how effectively Gibbs ran the RPO. I think the bunnies will be a handful at times this year.

So a question for the brilliant football minds out there. What is the best way to defend this? Maybe there isn't one, which might be why it’s gaining ground. Seems to be particularly effective against fast aggressive defenses.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads...e-read.102663/

http://smartfootball.com/offense/dak....DFBr88gw.dpbs

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Watching the bunnies-goophs game I was pretty impressed with the offensive game calling for the jacks. I see in the strib this week that PJ is on his D a bit to be less aggressive and play smarter (http://www.startribune.com/gophers-r...ner/559315412/). Haven't watched it again but I’m guessing that’s partially in response to how effectively Gibbs ran the RPO. I think the bunnies will be a handful at times this year.

So a question for the brilliant football minds out there. What is the best way to defend this? Maybe there isn't one, which might be why it’s gaining ground. Seems to be particularly effective against fast aggressive defenses.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads...e-read.102663/

http://smartfootball.com/offense/dak....DFBr88gw.dpbs
    One way to defend it is to go man coverage on the split receivers and rely on the D-line and one or two linebackers to stop the run.

Also the bunnies give themselves a ridiculous advantage by regularly breaking a rule. Ineligible players downfield. They consistently have lineman 5 or more yards down field and then the quarterback sets up and throws. The linebackers and safeties are almost forced to play run because lineman are charging right at them then the receivers can run free and make easy catches. And its never called...ever...drives me crazy.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Smack that qb. Stig will leave him in.

Lardsin must go!

Watched the replay of most of a bunch of the UNI game the other night, I hope they continue to keep Farley for a long time. Their offense was not doing well at all. Get to overtime and they also were not looking great and the Iowa State D was giving them fits all while Iowa State was moving the ball well. In the second overtime Iowa state Scores a TD and kicks extra point and UNI pulls one out of their backside and scores a TD. They had nothing to lose and everything to gain and with the way the team was playing it would have been the perfect time to go for 2, Win it or lose on a 3 yard play.