Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Media so far

Default 2012 Media so far

So here's the final tally on regular season Bison Football media exposure. Hopefully we can get a few ESPN games during the playoffs so we can do better than ESPN3. Is it too early to organize an email campaign!

Did I miss anything?

TV COVERAGE 2012 SO FAR
    Spring Game televised on Statewide NBC
    Statewide NBC Coverage (9 games)
    ESPN (championship game)
    ESPN2 (primetime semifinals)
    ESPN3/WatchESPN (9 games)
    ESPN Gameplan - (3 games)
    Fox College Sports (2 games)
    KVLY (1 game vs UNI, also broadcast in Iowa)
    Midco Sports Net Road Game @USD

In addition - Colorado State was broadcast in Denver (in HD)
    Missouri State replayed nationally on HDNet Sports

NATIONAL MEDIA MENTIONS
    ESPN Top Ten Plays Of The Week http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9BhL...layer_embedded
    ESPN Top Ten Plays AGAIN

NDSU Youngstown mentioned on College Gameday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4IS...ture=endscreen

Scott Van Pelt -
    ESPN Playoff Selection Show-
    Scott Van Pelt 11/29/12

Dan Patrick Show (several plugs with our tshirts)
    Last edited by HerdBot; 01-30-2013 at 03:06 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2012 Media so far

I'm really hoping (as long as they advance to quarter/semi finals) that some of the Bison playoff games will be on ESPN 2. NDSU missed out on the Deuce during the playoffs except for the championship. I only bitch because I have Dish Network and ESPNU is not in HD

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    I'm really hoping (as long as they advance to quarter/semi finals) that some of the Bison playoff games will be on ESPN 2. NDSU missed out on the Deuce during the playoffs except for the championship. I only bitch because I have Dish Network and ESPNU is not in HD
    Once they announce the playoff field we will start another email campaign. I guarantee its going to be tough competition with the Appalachians, Georgia Southerns, and Montana States for exposure .

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Once they announce the playoff field we will start another email campaign. I guarantee its going to be tough competition with the Appalachians, Georgia Southerns, and Montana States for exposure .
    Appalachain State? Yes. Georgia Southern? Meh. Montana State? If they were Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Appalachain State? Yes. Georgia Southern? Meh. Montana State? If they were Montana.
    Last year we lost out to UNI @ Montana, Montana @ Sam Houston, and Montana State @ Sam Houston. Even Eastern Kentucky got on TV. Hopefully our status of defending national champions helps our cause

It will require some pressure by the fans

All I know is that I was in Times Square, NYC last weekend and they were able to get the NDSU game on TV in the bar there. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    All I know is that I was in Times Square, NYC last weekend and they were able to get the NDSU game on TV in the bar there. Wow!
    They had a replay of the Missouri State game on some directv hd sports net channel the next Sunday after the game

Love this intro

Add another appearance on Scott Van Pelt again
    Last edited by HerdBot; 11-28-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Updated... did I miss anything? Cant count the Paul Allen segments with Corey Chavous and Ben Leber because they are not national, but still some nice coverage