Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Future schedules?

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Future schedules?

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    I would like to see a home and home with Navy. One of the few FBS teams that might give us a home and home. And talk about a game day atmosphere...it is a blast.
    Navy wouldn't. Their conference would not like it if they scheduled an FCS home and home. Army might though. They have in the past with Yale.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Alabama........but they are probably too afraid to play NDSU with the chance they might lose.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Alabama........but they are probably too afraid to play NDSU with the chance they might lose.
    agreed. Saban is notorious for scheduling a late november FCS cupcake like Citadel. No way in hell is he going to chance a loss vs NDSU when theyre in playoff contention

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Navy wouldn't. Their conference would not like it if they scheduled an FCS home and home. Army might though. They have in the past with Yale.
    I will respectfully disagree...they have Lehigh on their schedule this year. They used to play Georgia Southern every year when they were FCS...which is why i thought the matchup would be interesting...they played close games and they were the same years we were playing GS in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    IDK, I think it would be a pretty close game. I seriously doubt we'd blow out 'bama, they're better than you think.
    Careful you will end up in the Forum attached to a photo illustration.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

I will respectfully disagree...they have Lehigh on their schedule this year. They used to play Georgia Southern every year when they were FCS...which is why i thought the matchup would be interesting...they played close games and they were the same years we were playing GS in the playoffs.
    I assume the Navy GSU thing happened because of coach ties.. Didn't the GSU coach move on to Navy?
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

I believe those are historical ties.

Navy/Army will schedule schools that are traditional foes. Navy played Georgia Southern twice. Not "every year." If I had to guess that may be related to the triple option.

My cousin is a West Point alum. He says they look at themselves very similar to ivy league schools and other elite east coast places. I'm guessing they have a lot of history with those schools.

They aren't coming to Fargo.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I assume the Navy GSU thing happened because of coach ties.. Didn't the GSU coach move on to Navy?
    Jeff Monken went to Army.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Jeff Monken went to Army.
    Paul Johnson, who led a renaissance of Georgia Southern football as their head coach in the late 90s and early 00s, went to Navy after the 2001 season. He's now the head coach at Georgia Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Paul Johnson, who led a renaissance of Georgia Southern football as their head coach in the late 90s and early 00s, went to Navy after the 2001 season. He's now the head coach at Georgia Tech.
    Thanks--- I didn't think back far enough.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix