Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Im not too worried about the offense.
    What color is the sky in your world? Roehl is an awful playcaller and Cam is at best a game manager with the occasional good read/pass but also untimely mistakes and bad reads/throws in his pocket. Our RBs are mediocre and our Oline is weak compared to past years. And let's not even talk about the Div II level of our WRs and average TEs. There's nothing about this offense that would lead anyone to believe that it will all work out fine.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    What color is the sky in your world? Roehl is an awful playcaller and Cam is at best a game manager with the occasional good read/pass but also untimely mistakes and bad reads/throws in his pocket. Our RBs are mediocre and our Oline is weak compared to past years. And let's not even talk about the Div II level of our WRs and average TEs. There's nothing about this offense that would lead anyone to believe that it will all work out fine.
    But coaches kid is one of those WR's...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Run Cole out there as starter. that INT killed us and he missed multiple easy plays that could've helped
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Unpopular opinion but Cam is no worse a QB than Steve Walker. Our current offensive system has developed in to a monstrosity that doesn't put Cam in a position to have a ton of success (such as our prior west coast offense did for less dynamic QB's like Steve Walker and Brock Jensen)

Quote Originally Posted by louis13 View Post
    Unpopular opinion but Cam is no worse a QB than Steve Walker. Our current offensive system has developed in to a monstrosity that doesn't put Cam in a position to have a ton of success (such as our prior west coast offense did for less dynamic QB's like Steve Walker and Brock Jensen)
    Steve Walker?!?!?! Kev... set this foo straight.

The more wide open offense with an improved Cam and wide receivers, plus the Cole Payton dimension thats averaging 37 ppg. The defense is the real worry.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    The more wide open offense with an improved Cam and wide receivers, plus the Cole Payton dimension thats averaging 37 ppg. The defense is the real worry.
    That offense is only averaging 19 points ppg in valley play.

Oh yeah forgot how tough of a schedule they played non con eh.

My bad.

Lardsin must go!

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by louis13 View Post
    Correct. Cam lights it up when he gets the chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Remember the names John Crocket, Bruce Anderson, Warren Dunn, and the likes of them? Now we get Cam to the middle and Cam to the right. Shoot, before Cole's 9 yard touchdown run, I turned to my wife and said, "Cole run to the left." If I and so many others can call that play in advance from the stands, how in the world did the Coyotes not stop it?
    Who? lol Lance?

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    I don't want to make fun of Entz but during pressers, I wish he would look a little more "crisp" and put-together, a closer shave and sit up straight, please. We got spoiled with Bohl and Klieman who were telegenic. Maybe Entz could be a little more articulate, too. I often wonder why he has such a terrible raspy voice. Is it due to the yelling during the games or is it a chronic problem. In any case, it is somewhat difficult to understand what he is trying to say.
    This is sort of mean, but his mouth is almost always super crusty too. I feel like he reminds me of a DIII/NAIA head coach that would be a lifer there with 7-4/8-3 seasons. Like you said, he just doesn't seem polished enough to be a big time head coach, and FCS or not, NDSU is a big boy job. You can overlook that stuff if someone is winning and doing it their way, but he is obviously regressing...it has been mentioned here a few times: Peter Principle. Is he just so over his head and overwhelmed that the little things fall off? If he can't take of himself while being the front man of a big time program, how do you think he coaches the team? We see it in the press conferences...and we see the same reflection on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Correct. Cam lights it up when he gets the chance.
    I think you maybe replied to me in this or another thread and said it ain't the QBs when I was sort of leading to that point. It just seems like we aren't even letting Cam be Cam. The team feels too rigid and scripted.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    That offense is only averaging 19 points ppg in valley play.

Oh yeah forgot how tough of a schedule they played non con eh.

My bad.
    In all fairness, we burned up most of the clock on two drives. Then our defense couldn’t get off the field. I feel like our 2nd half offense could have scored 28 points on their own if they hadn’t burned down the clock (which is on the coaches IMO) and put their own backs against the wall.