Page 48 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    RB had 11 carries for 71 yards. Take away the run against Hail Mary D and they still had 10 carries for 52 yards. Against a team that was giving up like 2.5 YPC. The run game was there, they just decided that Trey running was the best option
    Probably more perception than reality. Ty had one good run and so did Coefield. Beyond that I don’t recall too many big gains from them. Hard to get in a groove when your QB is killing it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinucci threw it to Jimmy on purpose because he felt bad for us. That's how bad NDSU was

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Going for two earlier and failing is deflating for the offense and crushes the momentum you have. It's an instance where the math says one thing but the momentum said another.
    You made the classic blunder. Momentum isn't real.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Probably more perception than reality. Ty had one good run and so did Coefield. Beyond that I don’t recall too many big gains from them. Hard to get in a groove when your QB is killing it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see what you mean. Yes most of it was two good runs but that is kinda how NDSU run game is. 2, 4, 6, 3, 25, 1, 3, 10

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    It is real. Your confidence affects your play. Momentum is a vague term for a team’s confidence at any given time IMO.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    It is real. Your confidence affects your play. Momentum is a vague term for a team’s confidence at any given time IMO.
    This is what I'm trying to say. If you crush the confidence there is a lower likelihood another touchdown/score even happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    This is what I'm trying to say. If you crush the confidence there is a lower likelihood another touchdown/score even happens.
    Then the team hasn't been properly coached. The team should know that the coaches are making a decision like that to give you the best chance to win. If your team gets so deflated missing a 2 point conversion to be down by 9 with 5 minutes left that they give up, then they shouldn't be on the field in the first place.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    The quantity of motion of a moving body, measured as a product of its mass and velocity. p=mv, where p is momentum, m is mass, v is velocity. Even science agrees momentum is real.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I agree NDSU was better on Saturday; however, JMU clearly made mistake not going for 2 early.
    This is an interesting debate. To tell you the truth, I didn't realize it was a controversial point. To me, we have to take into the emotional aspect of the game too - ie. the loss of emotional energy (spelled m-o-m-e-n-t-u-m) by not converting an early 2 point play. I would kick the XP (90+% to successfully convert), rather than the 30 -45 % chance of converting the 2 point try.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I tend to agree with kicking the XP. That also kept pressure on NDSU to score again. If we are up 9 I don't think we go for it on 4th down. JMU then has a longer field, and needing two scores the running game would not really be an option on most downs. That's a lot easier to defend against.

Either way, you can argue the merits of both sides, but I don't think you can definitively say that the XP was wrong.