Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Season

Default Re: Spring Season

One more win will tie Washington for the 2nd-longest division I football winning streak. The coach of those Washington teams was Gil Dobie who left the NDAC to coach for most of UW's winning/unbeaten streak.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Looks like if NDSU hosts any playoff games this spring they'll have reduce Fargodome capacity to 25% (~4,700) per NCAA restrictions unless things change by then: https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/sta...46087427870721

Consequently, it looks like Frisco attendance will be limited to about 5,000. I'd assume there will be no ticket sales to the general public and most of those tickets would be divvied out to the participating schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Looks like if NDSU hosts any playoff games this spring they'll have reduce Fargodome capacity to 25% (~4,700) per NCAA restrictions unless things change by then: https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/sta...46087427870721

Consequently, it looks like Frisco attendance will be limited to about 5,000. I'd assume there will be no ticket sales to the general public and most of those tickets would be divvied out to the participating schools.
    Can we move playoff games to US Bank Stadium? I doubt that would be a money-maker for NDSU, especially with the NCAA getting their cut of playoff ticket revenue.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Can we move playoff games to US Bank Stadium? I doubt that would be a money-maker for NDSU, especially with the NCAA getting their cut of playoff ticket revenue.
    Might see some pricier playoff tickets??? Typically the NCAA stipulates that (other than for the Thanksgiving weekend games) schools can't charge less for playoff tickets than they charge for a regular season game. For the past 5-ish years of escalating ticket prices NDSU has always kept the face value of one regular season game to $30 for endzone seats and $40 for sidelines seats presumably so they could sell playoff tickets for that amount. This spring every game is $46 for endzone seats and $56 for sideline. Maybe that rule will go away this spring given the extenuating circumstances the games are being played under but that could get them a little more revenue.

Another thing I learned in fall 2019 (I believe Hammersmith pointed this out) is that the NCAA doesn't take 75% of the gross gate receipts, they take 75% of the net gate receipts which means expenses are taken out before they determine the NCAA's cut. So if 75% of the net gate doesn't hit a school's bid number then they're on the hook to make up that difference. Maybe, given the extenuating circumstances the games are being played under this spring, there will be no minimum bid or reduced minimum bids to ease the financial burden on the schools hosting playoff games.

An MSN article on the Bison streak:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...IV7u8JDPC2WGrM
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post

From the article: (empahsis added)

"What is that record? Can the Bison break it this season? When was the last time North Dakota lost? Sporting News looks at those questions."
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post

Its a shame the Fall season didn't happen. I think we would have had a better shot at beating it.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Its a shame the Fall season didn't happen. I think we would have had a better shot at beating it.
    Oregon would've been a very tall task but doable. Flat out sucks they didn't get a shot to prove it since for many of the players this would've been their only shot at playing an FBS team in their NDSU career. Had they won that game I'm fairly sure they would've gotten ranked in the AP Top 25 FBS poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    From the article: (empahsis added)

"What is that record? Can the Bison break it this season? When was the last time North Dakota lost? Sporting News looks at those questions."
    Might be blasphemous to say, but I hope this teams Tom Brady didn't declare for the draft. Everyone needs to stay focused and the best players need to be on the field. I hope the entire team and staff realizes what an incredible accomplishment it would be. Seems like Matt Entz will put the pieces in place.

Anyone heard of any places around the area that are allowing tailgating this spring? It looks like the weather next Saturday will be pretty darn nice (a bit cool with highs in the low to mid 40s but sunny and light wind as of now). I tried contacting the fairgrounds to see if they were planning to do something but didn't get any response. If not this week it sure would be nice to get some tailgating in next week before the UND game.