Page 10 of 79 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Support Bresciani

Default Re: Support Bresciani

537 have signed now.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    By the way, he could be right... Bresciani could be lying to cover his ass. Then he needs to go.
    Probability? Stated following a decimal point and with how many zeros.

BTW, I am extremely po'ed with the lack of an effective communication plan and rollout plan. With any form of planning, this issue would be non-existent.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Well to be fair Port did not finish college so he probable missed ethics
    He missed a whole lot more than that having been a student for one or less years in 1999-2000 (per his linkedin page).
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Question raised: What's up with a state rep doing open records requests for a blogger? A legislator can make requests via legislative counsel. Documents are then delivered speedily and at no cost. Anyone else but a legislator has to pay reasonable costs of retrieval and copying. Doing such favors, at public expense, is an abuse of legislative privilege. Should be dealt with by house leadership. Which may be the problem.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sharptail View Post
    Question raised: What's up with a state rep doing open records requests for a blogger? A legislator can make requests via legislative counsel. Documents are then delivered speedily and at no cost. Anyone else but a legislator has to pay reasonable costs of retrieval and copying. Doing such favors, at public expense, is an abuse of legislative privilege. Should be dealt with by house leadership. Which may be the problem.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

If you get specific enough usually should be free, it's when they get to big they will start to cost. Obviously legislators have the ability to pass these costs on to the tax payers like you said. Guessing these searches didn't take long as it was recent and a fairly limited time period.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    If you get specific enough usually should be free, it's when they get to big they will start to cost. Obviously legislators have the ability to pass these costs on to the tax payers like you said. Guessing these searches didn't take long as it was recent and a fairly limited time period.
    I think the question of "Why?" is worthwhile exploring however.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I think the question of "Why?" is worthwhile exploring however.
    I'm guessing you are just playing devil's advocate and have for the whole time, but I will play once again. He pulled them to see if he lied. What he lied about was of no concern. At least that would be his justification if he was forced to justify.

Okay, please give me the summary of any impact this petition is making in the cold white north:

1. Stories on KVRR at 6 and 9

Anything else? And did KVRR ask the Forum to comment on why they ran Portly Blob's story without giving the President a chance share his side of the story?

Further, someone needs to get KVLY to run with this. They love sensational stuff, and what a chance to stick it to a competitor. It make me smile thinking about the Forum saying "no comment" to hard questions that are laid out.
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 08-11-2016 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    I'm guessing you are just playing devil's advocate and have for the whole time, but I will play once again. He pulled them to see if he lied. What he lied about was of no concern. At least that would be his justification if he was forced to justify.
    I assume we are talking about Rosco here................

Ok, but why did he give the emails to Port. It seems to me a reputably legislature might pull someones email's so they could discern if they lied. Ok that seems reasonable. But what RS did after is not reasonable or in my mind ethical. One would think if RS found deceit, he would then take action through the legislation means available to him as a legislature. However, that is not what RS did. Instead, RS looked to see of DB lied and instead of taking action through the legislative process he sent the emails to a ANTI NDSU blogger so he could dig through them and use them to substantiate the blobbers agenda. I assume this action was done because there was nothing in the emails to act on.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 08-11-2016 at 02:05 PM.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Okay, please give me the summary of any impact this petition is making in the cold white north:

1. Stories on KVRR at 6 and 9

Anything else? And did KVRR ask the Forum to comment on why the ran Portly Blob's story without giving the President a chance share his side of the story?

Further, someone needs to get KVLY to run with this. They love sensational stuff, and what a chance to stick it to a competitor. It make me smile thinking about the Forum saying "no comment" to hard questions that are laid out.
    He did give him a chance to share his side of the story and his office declined comment, referring them to one of press releases. He had has chance and declined to take the offer.

Asked Friday night for comment from Bresciani on whether the texts show he initially supported the rules, NDSU spokeswoman Sadie Rudolph provided this statement:

“If you refer back to the statement we released on Tuesday, it does indicate that President Bresciani was disappointed when he learned the facts surrounding the issue. His opinion did evolve and so our statement from Tuesday does address your question.”