Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: James Madison vs Youngstown State FCS Championship game suspensions

Default Re: James Madison vs Youngstown State FCS Championship game suspensions

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Thanks!

James Madison fans like their streamers - image.jpg (my photos are usually sideways!)

What was with streamering the camera guy on the sideline? That seemed a bit too much? Guy looked like he wasn't overly pleased... But maybe there was more to the story than I knew didn't really hear what commentators were saying about it as kind of had checked out and the kids were getting antsy.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

QUOTE=bisonfanette;1190868]James Madison fans like their streamers - image.jpg (my photos are usually sideways!)[/QUOTE]

The streamer thing seems rather junior high-like to me, but then so do pom-pons. Maybe it is some sort of tradition emulating confetti or something but seems silly to me. It is sort of like some of the fan foolishness seen at soccer games outside of the US.

Re: streamers. A JMU fan said the P.A. announcer mentioned it 3x's... (he actually said, reprimanded x 3) to stop shooting/throwing the streamers.
    This JMU fan (who is a real nice guy) said, "It was not good of our fans to do this. They know better, at our home games, not to let them leave the stands."

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Streamers-
    It is something to make them "unique" or "special". To make themselves different from the rest. It may be tradition for them, but it seems cheesy or childish. Especially the streamers leaving the stands and going onto the field. It should be treated like throwing other things onto the field, beer bottles, caps, toilet paper, food, (Buffalo Bills dildo) etc.
    The refs said don't do it, why then did they not flag them next time it happened?

We the mighty BISON don't need anything special in the stands, no streamers, no cowbells, no soccer horns, and NO BLOODY POM POMS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Streamers-
    It is something to make them "unique" or "special". To make themselves different from the rest. It may be tradition for them, but it seems cheesy or childish. Especially the streamers leaving the stands and going onto the field. It should be treated like throwing other things onto the field, beer bottles, caps, toilet paper, food, (Buffalo Bills dildo) etc.
    The refs said don't do it, why then did they not flag them next time it happened?

We the mighty BISON don't need anything special in the stands, no streamers, no cowbells, no soccer horns, and NO BLOODY POM POMS!!!
    Wasn't their a pom pom night a couple years ago that turned out pathetic/embarrassing? Or am I making that up?
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Wasn't their a pom pom night a couple years ago that turned out pathetic/embarrassing? Or am I making that up?
    No, you're right. NDSU did try that a couple years ago and it failed horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Streamers-

the streamer tradition goes back over 30 years to the early 80s when it was toilet paper rolls thrown on the basketball court after we scored our first basket.

there are youtube videos and images on the interweb that show it. the most famous instance being when we did it against UNC (with Jordan and Perkins) in the NCAA tournament in I believe 1982 and Matt Doherty plowed over one of our cheerleaders who was on the court to clean up. CBS had it all on live TV. Look on Youtube and you'll see it.

here is one image:
    SBAM13.JPG

the NCAA, of course,and rightfully so, soon banned the practice for safety reasons.

Quick sidenote: the cheerleader who was run over at that game was Sally Dudzik. Her son was Drew Dudzik, who happened to be our starting QB when we beat Virginia Tech back in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Well, you are making up the pathetic/embarrassing part!!! Don't get Loafy started!!!