Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 12/17: At Montana 8:05 PM

Default Re: 12/17: At Montana 8:05 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Haven't been following the team for weeks, what's the story on Griesel, injured?

The fact that Dave is starting Samuelson and Quayle prove he does not deserve this job any longer. He should be fired immediately if not sooner.
    Post game interview Dave mention should have word on Griesel return soon as well as Hunter. Jordan M (Dickinson kid) lost is father to cancer the other day. Jordan was able to be home with his family. Thoughts and prayers go out to Jordan and his family. His father has been in the battle for 3 years. He is in a better place now. RIP.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Haven't been following the team for weeks, what's the story on Griesel, injured?

The fact that Dave is starting Samuelson and Quayle prove he does not deserve this job any longer. He should be fired immediately if not sooner.
    Yes Griesel hurt his knee, sounds like he's expected back for the start of conference play, so fairly soon.

On a side note I didn't get a chance to watch the game as I was coaching practice for my daughter's 5th grade team and once again it sounds like the offense being run at my practice was more effective than the NDSU game....my coaching services are still available

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What a stupid statement. A couple of players injured and the early nonconference schedule are cause for using different lineups and rotations before getting to conference play. Maybe those players that you believe should be starting don't deserve to start at this time?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    What a stupid statement. A couple of players injured and the early nonconference schedule are cause for using different lineups and rotations before getting to conference play. Maybe those players that you believe should be starting don't deserve to start at this time?
    We can all have our opinions but I don't think it's a stupid statement, Samuelson and Quayle are very similar in playing style. They work hard, fundamentally sound most of the time but they don't have the athleticism to create their own shots against other guards at this level, playing them at the same time is an offensive liability (and defensive if the other guys are quick with the ball). When we have guys like Ward, Horn, Cook or even Deng riding the bench at the beginning of games while both of those guys start it's not a smart move. I'm okay with them both having minutes but they should rotate for each other, not play at the same time.

I am not trying to make excuses for Dave, but I think he is trying to find the rotation/combination of players that work best together. Injuries to a couple players have set that back a bit. There are certain players that are better coming off the bench rather than starting. When conference play starts I would expect the rotation/combination of lineup will reduce depending on the matchup. OOC schedule has been tough and maybe we can start to put together some wins. SDSU is still the team to beat.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Allowing just 19 first half points and eventually losing the game HAS TO BE some kind of record...…..jeez!

Hey Slicky...….where you at fool?......bpnhak!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol first off Samuelson is a spot shooter at best and Dave has him starting? Are fricking serious?? And it's not because of injuries because he was the starter at the beginning of the season!

If your second statement is true than there is no hope for this team. Do you realize how stupid your statement is?

We are damn near thru the non-conference schedule and if he does not have an established starting lineup by now he never will. It's beyond pathetic the way he has handled this team the last 2-3 years.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I agree with this and those that make these type of comments about the coach and team during the early nonconference portion of the schedule are just ----.

Not stupid at all, if we had real media Dave would be asked relevant questions like this but instead he skates on by. Luckiest guy on campus having football take so much attention away from a program that should be under a much bigger microscope due to its recent struggles.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I can get where Samuelson kind of helps to stablize the starting lineup but I don't get Quayle starting nor do I get playing him as much as he did when he was playing poorly.

Then he has two of our most athletic players on the bench, Gue has been playing better and better, his play should be rewarded.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.