Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: KSU fan here: Two weeks out what are the chances NDSU beats K-State?

Default Re: KSU fan here: Two weeks out what are the chances NDSU beats K-State?

I flew to Denver this weekend and sat next to a K-State grad. Nice fellow, claimed he was a big K-State football fan. If he is the average K-state football fan, they have no clue what they are in for. He was respectful, but admitted that had little knowledge of us. He just assumed we were the sacrificial lamb on their non-conference schedule.

Default Re: KSU fan here: Two weeks out what are the chances NDSU beats K-State?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'd remind you, however, that great defenses, even in the NFL, sometimes aren't the ones with the greatest talent, but the ones who play together the best and understand their roles. THAT is the reason NDSU's defense is so darn good.
    I will also add for our K State friends, don't get too excited if you start moving the ball pretty well; get excited if you score touchdowns. This defense has a remarkable ability to slam the door on teams inside the 35 or so as the field shortens. If on the first K State drive, you only get a FG, I'd get a little worried if I were you. It will show NDSU is matching up pretty well and if they keep that up, TO's are also likely to happen at some point.

I've said since the beginning is the key for a Bison victory is the offense as i know the defense will hold their own. (I expect K state to be nailing FG's.) Brock, Sam, John, and Zach need to keep up with the FG's and put up some TD's. They do that, I like NDSU's chances.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

FACT : The Chance of NDSU winning this game is 10 times greater than LynchMob42 introducing himself to CAS in the KState parking lot on August 30.

Holy crap! Two posts in one day...I need a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I flew to Denver this weekend and sat next to a K-State grad. Nice fellow, claimed he was a big K-State football fan. If he is the average K-state football fan, they have no clue what they are in for. He was respectful, but admitted that had little knowledge of us. He just assumed we were the sacrificial lamb on their non-conference schedule.
    two years ago at the Cotton Bowl I sat in the KSU section. guy sitting next to me told me he was a season tickert holder and he actually knew a lot about us. knew we were in the the FCS championship vs SHSU the next day and he even told me he thought NDSU had a chance of making it a close game vs KSU. me and my dad were wearing NDSU gear and after the game in the parking lot we walked by some Arkansas students and one said out loud: "I respect Kansas State. But if theres one team I dont respect it's North Dakota State." Unfortunately Arkansas won
    Last edited by ndsubison1; 08-20-2013 at 04:11 AM.

Cannon Falls, MN via Fargo, ND via Lewistown, MT

I haven't been on in quite a while and I didn't take the time to look and see if it was anywhere else, but this needs to be known.

Many places haven't released any wagering lines, but I found at two different places NDSU +14. Yes, PLUS 14. Discuss

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Take the over.

K state was highly ranked, they lost a few players, but highly ranked are deep and are able to recruit. I think we are a little high on ourselves if we think the bison are going to into a good teams home and think they are going to win.

I would be shocked if the bison cover. But time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Take the over.

K state was highly ranked, they lost a few players, but highly ranked are deep and are able to recruit. I think we are a little high on ourselves if we think the bison are going to into a good teams home and think they are going to win.

I would be shocked if the bison cover. But time will tell.
    disagree completely. our defense is good enough to keep us in the game. even without perry. i will be shocked if KSU beats that spread

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I will also add for our K State friends, don't get too excited if you start moving the ball pretty well; get excited if you score touchdowns. This defense has a remarkable ability to slam the door on teams inside the 35 or so as the field shortens. If on the first K State drive, you only get a FG, I'd get a little worried if I were you. It will show NDSU is matching up pretty well and if they keep that up, TO's are also likely to happen at some point.

I've said since the beginning is the key for a Bison victory is the offense as i know the defense will hold their own. (I expect K state to be nailing FG's.) Brock, Sam, John, and Zach need to keep up with the FG's and put up some TD's. They do that, I like NDSU's chances.
    That's pretty much on target with how I view the potential outcome of the game. It's obvious to say that a key for the Bison is to avoid getting behind on the scoreboard early. That is especially true though when you consider how this team is built and how our staff approaches the game itself.

Our defense has one primary stat where they stand out from the crowd. That is scoring defense. We simply don't allow a lot of TD's. Period.

Offensively, we are not a team that is built to fling the ball all over the field. It is an efficient, ball control offense. Coach feels that a drive that ends in a punt is not a failure. A punt is a good play to run and seldom hurts you.

Coach is like a "card counter" when it comes to possessions. Like any game, the goal will be to have a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter. Frustrate KSU by keeping them out of the end zone, control the ball as much as possible to wear on their D and make their O impatient, win the turnover battle and maybe get a lucky bounce or two.

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by democat View Post
    Being an outsider I completely understand why you might think that. Collin Klein was a great player and an even better person. He had what Bill Snyder likes to call, "those intrinsic values." He was a smart tough, give it your all type of player but he had an unorthodox throwing motion and relatively weak throwing arm and that's why he's not in the NFL. With that being said, we have two QBs in Jake Waters and Daniel Sams that many believe will be a better QB than Collin. Waters, who was the #1 rated Juco QB last year, has a strong arm, is extremely accurate and has enough athletic ability to suffice in the QB run game. Sams is a freak athlete and throws a nice ball but probably isn't as accurate as Waters. Combine that with a 1st team all Big 12 RB in John Hubert, one of the best o-lines in the nation, Rob Gronkowksis beastly little brother at Full Back, two 1st team all Big 12 WR and a talented 6-8 280lb TE and I think we'll be just as good if not better than last year on offense.
    And many Bison fans thought Mertens would be better than Walker. Not trying to start anything with the knock on Mertens, but I'd take game-proven abilities over "potential" any day. You can't lose someone like Klein and say you are automatically going to be better. Step away from the keyboard, man.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I have had the same experience! One of my friends, who is a KSU alum, and coaches HS Football in Kansas, told me he went online and watched video of the Bison, after I told him that NDSU is no cupcake! He now wishes he himself could go to this game, because in his opinion, it will be a GAME! Trouble is he cant...as with most places..HS FB starts that friday night!