Page 247 of 355 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    They also had you put butter on a burn.
    I remember this and have done this. Ouch
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

[/B]

Common courtesy is not the rule of today. Especially with a sporting event ticket in hand. I dont know why that simple fact makes some people just plain rude and selfish.
    Yep. I stand on defense because we'll everyone stands. I generally sit on offense because I don't want to be a dick and 99% sit anyways. Of course I stand or get up as a big play is happening but then sit down. And yes I still cheet

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Standing while they're on offense is just silly IMO (unless it's while a big play is unfolding). If you have the energy to stand while the Bison are on offense you're not cheering loud enough when they're on defense. That slow methodical offensive tempo the Bison run is a great way for me to get rested up for the next defensive possession.

The standing policy on defense is a lot tougher. I got yelled at by the guy behind me once for standing on the first defensive play of the year a few years back when the ball was fairly close to our endzone (south endzone) and was pretty disgusted by it but I did sit until the first 3rd down. I feel like for big games, 2nd halves of close games, or playoff games everyone should be allowed to stand while the Bison are on defense from 1st down until punt down. Once it's a 2 score or more game then standing before 3rd down is a no-no. Or if they're playing a cupcake then standing before 3rd down anytime after the first defensive series is a no-no.

Lastly, whether I'm standing or sitting while the Bison are on defense I'm going to probably piss off either the people in front of me or the people behind me. If I'm sitting I'm going to be yelling right into the ears of the people in front of me and I'm not a quiet person.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Standing while they're on offense is just silly IMO (unless it's while a big play is unfolding). If you have the energy to stand while the Bison are on offense you're not cheering loud enough when they're on defense. That slow methodical offensive tempo the Bison run is a great way for me to get rested up for the next defensive possession.

The standing policy on defense is a lot tougher. I got yelled at by the guy behind me once for standing on the first defensive play of the year a few years back when the ball was fairly close to our endzone (south endzone) and was pretty disgusted by it but I did sit until the first 3rd down. I feel like for big games, 2nd halves of close games, or playoff games everyone should be allowed to stand while the Bison are on defense from 1st down until punt down. Once it's a 2 score or more game then standing before 3rd down is a no-no. Or if they're playing a cupcake then standing before 3rd down anytime after the first defensive series is a no-no.

Lastly, whether I'm standing or sitting while the Bison are on defense I'm going to probably piss off either the people in front of me or the people behind me. If I'm sitting I'm going to be yelling right into the ears of the people in front of me and I'm not a quiet person.

Where in the HELL is Team Makers when we need rules for standing and sitting around here!?!?! I'm sorry, but I'm just gonna have to put the blame on good ol' Pat Simmers for this impending disaster, also!!

When the playoffs roll around, i find that few people are complaining about standing because playoff crowds are just different.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Where in the HELL is Team Makers when we need rules for standing and sitting around here!?!?! I'm sorry, but I'm just gonna have to put the blame on good ol' Pat Simmers for this impending disaster, also!!
    I assume your beings sarcastic. What's interesting is it really hasn't been an issue for almost 7 years outside of a few random complaints so I don't think there is a serious problem. Just a few random Richards

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I assume your beings sarcastic. What's interesting is it really hasn't been an issue for almost 7 years outside of a few random complaints so I don't think there is a serious problem. Just a few random Richards
    Most people get it. People stand on big plays regardless if its O or D. Plus the majority of fans dont even stand on a defensive 3rd down unless its important.
    And you are correct there are a few Richards who are going to stand because---they can.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Most people get it. People stand on big plays regardless if its O or D. Plus the majority of fans dont even stand on a defensive 3rd down unless its important. And you are correct there are a few Richards who are going to stand because---they can.
    Not where WE come from! In the south endzone (at least as far as I can see in the lower rows of 7-8-9-10) we are standing on defense.
    I do notice football players (on the field) looking toward the East sideline, (40-50 yard line) waving their arms, encouraging the fans to GET UP & CHEER!
    If #94 or #99 were waving toward me... it wouldn't take me long to get out of my seat & yell! I've actually seen this a few times.
    Maybe alot of those TMers (in the 40-50 yard line) are getting old?!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Not where WE come from! In the south endzone (at least as far as I can see in the lower rows of 7-8-9-10) we are standing on defense.
    I do notice football players (on the field) looking toward the East sideline, (40-50 yard line) waving their arms, encouraging the fans to GET UP & CHEER!
    If #94 or #99 were waving toward me... it wouldn't take me long to get out of my seat & yell! I've actually seen this a few times.
    Maybe alot of those TMers (in the 40-50 yard line) are getting old?!!
    What ever puffs your cheeto.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 11-15-2017 at 06:27 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Fire old people save season