Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the Dome Half Full?

Default Re: Why is the Dome Half Full?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    My kid tells me he likes basketball game because they aren't any blowouts and he doesn't feel as bad for the opposing team.
    Fixed your post for you.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    you forgot shitty pretzels
    Oh damn, don't even get me started on the pretzels. The only decent ones are sold at the Bavarian pretzel stand, not the ones they sell at the concession stands. I like the VERY salty ones myself. I usually get 2-3 just before the game starts.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    My kid tells me he likes basketball game because they aren't all blowouts and he doesn't feel as bad for the opposing team.
    He's not a true fan then... right SD?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    He asked me when I tucked him in Saturday night that if he was a Bison football player would I still be his dad. Made my day.
    If my son makes the Bison football team, he is getting a paternity test.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Do you think we will be able to fill up Frisco this year? I bought 4 tickets as usual and always have a blast, but wondering if we might see empty seats there too this time.
    I was wondering the same thing. I think there will be some empty seats... but maybe the proximity of the Sam Houston fans (provided they make it) will take care of most of that problem.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    He's not a true fan then... right SD?
    Ha! I actually think it's because he's been on teams that have gotten blown out and the experience is so fresh in his mind he has some sympathy for those teams. I tell him at least NDSU isn't like the bunnies and runs up the score once they're up in the fourth and describe that's why they ground and pound it until the clock runs out.

There are several college programs that aren't having attendance problems. Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, Nebraska, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio State... just to name a few. The Minnesota situation is a bit of a mystery. Their students have bought in to a mediocre program. Nebraska is in a similar situation. How do they do it?

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    There are several college programs that aren't having attendance problems. Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, Nebraska, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio State... just to name a few. The Minnesota situation is a bit of a mystery. Their students have bought in to a mediocre program. Nebraska is in a similar situation. How do they do it?
    Playing Ohio State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Oklahoma, etc is a lot more interesting than Western Illinois, Valparaiso, Southern Illinois, Indiana State, etc

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    Playing Ohio State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Oklahoma, etc is a lot more interesting than Western Illinois, Valparaiso, Southern Illinois, Indiana State, etc
    Agreed... how about Mountain West teams? Would Wyoming, Air Force, San Diego State and other MW teams be more interesting than the MVFC?

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Agreed... how about Mountain West teams? Would Wyoming, Air Force, San Diego State and other MW teams be more interesting than the MVFC?
    I think so, especially if SDSU is having a good year or Wyoming having a good year and the history with Bohl