Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ed Schulz dead at 64

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Ed Schulz dead at 64

Ed was hosting his show from some hotel bar up in Grand Forks. Me and a bunch of guys were there for some reason, Electrical Engineering student group trip I think? We started into the Hail the Bison song, full volume. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I was asked once if I was ever anxious about the possibility that a bullet would have my name on it. The only thing that really worried me was mortar and rocket fire addressed "To Whom It May Concern."
    Lucky for me, I didn’t receive a rocket addressed “to whom it may concern” - others weren’t so lucky. I brought in the first C-RAM batteries to Afghanistan however. Can’t believe they weren’t there years before I got there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I heard he was in a care facility. So something went off kilter real quick like
    He wasn't in a care facility. Actually was given a clean bill of health a week earlier.

Bison Dan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by sioux27 View Post
    he wasn't in a care facility. Actually was given a clean bill of health a week earlier.
    kiss of death
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    kiss of death
    probably a und doctor from the 134th ranked med school there.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux27 View Post
    He wasn't in a care facility. Actually was given a clean bill of health a week earlier.
    Correct. He was at home and was going to be returning to work. Never woke up.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    Great highlight film! This was back when I lost touch with NDSU football (no internet, no national coverage, nothing). The option offense was fun to watch at the D2 level. The game sure looked faster than more contemporary D2 championship games I have attempted to watch. Those uniforms are nothing to be proud of, though.
    The play by play is excellent as far as I am concerned.
    I disagree. NDSU had dope threads way back when. I don't care for the current ones, Snorty is an iconic logo they should have stuck with. The pants are fine. Better than as someone pointed out in a different thread, the Bronco pants, and the shirt is clean, almost Bama-esque. The stripes wouldn't likely be there nowadays anyway with how tight they are these days.

Also...Tony Satter....lmao what a dirty man. That's bananas.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I disagree. NDSU had dope threads way back when. I don't care for the current ones, Snorty is an iconic logo they should have stuck with. The pants are fine. Better than as someone pointed out in a different thread, the Bronco pants, and the shirt is clean, almost Bama-esque. The stripes wouldn't likely be there nowadays anyway with how tight they are these days.

Also...Tony Satter....lmao what a dirty man. That's bananas.
    Most teams had the same jersey style back then so it was pretty typical. Hardly unique. I was never a fan of snorty on the helmet (like it on hats and shirts though) and I prefer the current one which is iconic to me. But I have to admit I like the look of the large numbers on the back of the old helmet. Wouldn't mind seeing that now.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Most teams had the same jersey style back then so it was pretty typical. Hardly unique. I was never a fan of snorty on the helmet (like it on hats and shirts though) and I prefer the current one which is iconic to me. But I have to admit I like the look of the large numbers on the back of the old helmet. Wouldn't mind seeing that now.
    lmao wut? That's a dope classic look. You might be a bad person.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    lmao wut? That's a dope classic look. You might be a bad person.
    A preference cant be wrong. There is a reason they changed it. It wasnt a great look and I agree with DakotaOkie. Our current helmet is iconic and the logo has been on our helmet longer than snorty. We've won more National Championships with that helmet than any other logo too and had some epic FBS wins with it. It's so good looking that Scott Van Pelt puts it on his set back in 2010 simply because it looks awesome.

The jersey I wouldn't mind changing up to something classic but the helmet is my all time favorite helmet.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com