Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: Bison in the CFL

Default Re: Bison in the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    Yes he is. Harris is #2 QB. Brock is #3 QB. I am guessing Henry Burris might retire this year? I think Harris and Brock are roommates.
    I wonder about Burris. He seems to have a bit of a hero complex. Of course, the media doesn't help that. It was basically the Ottawa Henry Burrises winning the Cup.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I wonder about Burris. He seems to have a bit of a hero complex. Of course, the media doesn't help that. It was basically the Ottawa Henry Burrises winning the Cup.
    Well statistically he is one of the best CFL Qbs of all time. He also won a Grey Cup at 41 years old. He is kind of a big deal in the CFL world. Also the media loves to blow up an older guy winning a big game.

Congrats to Jensen he seems to get along well with Burris.

I personally think he was inactive for the championship because the coaches weren't happy with how long he hung onto the ball the last game he played. It didn't help that he was playing with all backups against the best starting defense in the league.
    The fella that watches the CFL

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    I didn't see Jensen around. Isn't he on the RBs? Announcer interviewed a QB named Harris(?) saying he was the future of the RB post Burris.
    They have the best QB depth chart right now. They basically have the Brett Favre and Aaron Rogers of the CFL on the same team. One of them has to leave and it will probably be Burris. They have put a lot of time in on Jensen so the assumption from fans is that it will be Harris # 1, Jensen # 2, and O'brien # 3. The team has put in a decent amount of time in with Jensen and have kept him around for a reason. The only things he really has to work on is getting the ball out faster and taking more risks. It's a pass heavy spread offense league, you have to take more risks. The way the league is makes it easy for EWU QBs to transition to the CFL and that's why 3 of the 9 CFL starting Qbs are from EWU.
    The fella that watches the CFL

JustinTyem is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think Brock is up for a contract,and I was told some nfl teams want to see him healthy for a workout. Unlike the whole year of 2014. I could be totally wrong though,some people like to lie to me,LoL
    Last edited by JustinTyem; 11-29-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinTyem View Post
    I think Brock is up for a contract,and was told some nfl teams want to see him healthy for a workout. Unlike the whole year of 2014. I could be totally wrong though,some people like to lie to me,LoL
    He's gonna need a bigger ring holder...
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Online Forum had the most misleading headline ever this morning: "Former Bison QB Jensen crowned Grey Cup champion after Redblacks' shocking upset win"--and here I thought I read that he was in street clothes on the sideline during the game...

A Coyote named as a player of the week

https://www.cfl.ca/top-performers/

Chris Streveler led the way in the Blue Bombers’ 35-10 victory over Saskatchewan in the annual Banjo Bowl. He completed 15-of-21 passes (71.4%) for 186 yards and two touchdown passes, while also adding 70 rushing yards on 11 carries (6.4 yards per carry) and scored two majors.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    A Coyote named as a player of the week

https://www.cfl.ca/top-performers/
    Exactly what are "two Majors" ? excuse my Canadian Football League rules ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Exactly what are "two Majors" ? excuse my Canadian Football League rules ignorance.
    Major is the metric system term for touchdown.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013