Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions?

Default Re: Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    A lot. Carson seemed to be getting it, while everyone else was waiting for something else to happen.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Not something you can really practice, especially with crowd noise. I think it will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Yeah, definitely noticed the play clock portion in the beginning. I kept yelling at the TV, "Just get the play off, it doesn't matter if the play clock is down to 2 seconds."

That and I thought special teams had a few too many penalties. Hopefully those can be corrected soon as they could prove to be costly versus UNI or YSU.
    The play clock management should not feel rushed or urgent. Again, that is why it doesn't need to start until they are in the groove of the game. The second quarter on was really smooth. Lined up and everyone was on the same page waiting for the run down.

I think film sessions will take care of the ST penalties. They will get to see exactly why they were getting called and simply won't do it again. Everyone in football knows you can't block in the back, but it seems the game has gotten so fast, the refs are missing when already engaged players are turning their backs to the blockers. They just have to learn to let them go. The other penalties were similar in respect to just either trying to put something extra in on a play or failing to disengage a player when the appearance could be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    Not something you can really practice, especially with crowd noise. I think it will be just fine.
    I agree. Jesse was missing the silent count cues. That will come.

Halftime FG Curfuffle (TD the instead of FG sucked ) then first drive of second where we settled for a FG after trying an end zone fade to a fresh WR when you watch back we dominated running on that 1.

48-14 was easily to be had and in closer games. Trading 3 for 7 will bite. You in the butt
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Halftime FG Curfuffle (TD the instead of FG sucked ) then first drive of second where we settled for a FG after trying an end zone fade to a fresh WR when you watch back we dominated running on that 1.

48-14 was easily to be had and in closer games. Trading 3 for 7 will bite. You in the butt
    I am only bothered by the first half three because they had timeouts in their pocket. We could have very easily had more time to try a third down play with more time on the board and had the luxury of running it down. The other side is the points were a total bonus off a turnover.

The only thing I would like to have seen different on the third and goal play where Wentz threw it away, is it would have cost us nothing to tuck the ball away and run.

Minor issues and conservative football had led this team to where it is at today and I am fine with that. If our mistakes still end up with points on the board for us, things are going very well. ISU's mistakes cost them a ball game. The way we destroy teams isn't with running up huge leads and laughing or ways to wins. It is grinding, chipping away at, and completely demoralizing a team who thought they were in a football game for a while and suddenly see their fans leaving way before the final gun. How painful would it be to know the Bison finally made a mistake and they still go three more ahead.

I am not saying we will never lose and that 3 for 7 will never bite us in the ass, but the way the Bison play football, when they have lost, it was a multitude of mistakes happening, not taking 3 over 7.

They took a timeout into half time. Better time management would have given them another shot at a TD instead of a fg. But whatevs....

AKBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Did Urz play any snaps in the game, how did he look?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    He played and had a reception I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post

Yes, he had one catch for six yards and I believe the fade attempt in the endzone was thrown to him, although about five yards too far.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    He played and had a reception I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Yes, he had one catch for six yards and I believe the fade attempt in the endzone was thrown to him, although about five yards too far.
    I did a double take when I saw #16 making the catch at the end of the first half. I saw shades of Brock as a receiver until the announcers stated it was RJ.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin