Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Makers!!!

Default Re: Team Makers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    that's what i understand
    I am NOT saying this is bad. I'm asking questions to learn; doesn't that make is hard for low on the pole type to have any "hope" to get any priority season tickets, etc? Just makes me think no one should be donating thinking they will eventually get season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I am NOT saying this is bad. I'm asking questions to learn; doesn't that make is hard for low on the pole type to have any "hope" to get any priority season tickets, etc? Just makes me think no one should be donating thinking they will eventually get season tickets.
    i think it would, but i am sure it is rooted more in legality than anything.

Also you might as well allow it because if you don't people will just buy as a corporation

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    i think it would, but i am sure it is rooted more in legality than anything.

Also you might as well allow it because if you don't people will just buy as a corporation
    I just hope Team Makers is responsible and makes clear to folks priority points really get you very little in regard to football other than a few single game tickets. (BTW corporation point was solid.)

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There was a little bit of discussion earlier in the thread but I wonder how much the increase in standard deduction will affect donations. For many people, their donation will now be coming out of net income instead of gross. Bottom line dollars are the same but many don't see it that way.

For me personally, I'll no longer be able to write off Team Makers donations because I won't be itemizing anymore. I know the effect is the same because of the higher standard deduction, but the donation will just start to feel like less of a bargain or having the added benefit of sticking it to Uncle Sam. I'm not changing my donation but perhaps it'll have an effect on increasing it down the road. It's easy to say you're going to be mathematical and objective about it but everyone's human and decisions are mostly based on emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    but it has to stay in immediate family correct, you cannot transfer seats to friends even though they have been buying with you forever, they should allow a 1 time transfer
    Correct. BTW don't let my kids know
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by LikeMothers View Post
    There was a little bit of discussion earlier in the thread but I wonder how much the increase in standard deduction will affect donations. For many people, their donation will now be coming out of net income instead of gross. Bottom line dollars are the same but many don't see it that way.

For me personally, I'll no longer be able to write off Team Makers donations because I won't be itemizing anymore. I know the effect is the same because of the higher standard deduction, but the donation will just start to feel like less of a bargain or having the added benefit of sticking it to Uncle Sam. I'm not changing my donation but perhaps it'll have an effect on increasing it down the road. It's easy to say you're going to be mathematical and objective about it but everyone's human and decisions are mostly based on emotion.
    The donation that is tied to your FB and BB tickets are the only ones effected. Bison Prided, Bison Excellence etc etc will still be deductible so you can still up your donations there. For those that have TM fees that are deductible now but wont be next year you can pay those fees NOW so you right them off on this years taxes.(plus state taxes and real estate taxes)
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The donation that is tied to your FB and BB tickets are the only ones effected. Bison Prided, Bison Excellence etc etc will still be deductible so you can still up your donations there. For those that have TM fees that are deductible now but wont be next year you can pay those fees NOW so you right them off on this years taxes.(plus state taxes and real estate taxes)
    I shouldn't have written "not be able to deduct". I meant fewer people will be itemizing because of the higher standard deduction. I could deduct them, but would be a fool to itemize when the standard deduction gets me a lower tax bill. Thus, they're not deductible. Then, the emotional affect on decision making of not having that deduction kicks in to some degree.

Maybe I should be bumping things up by $5k a year to solve this dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I just hope Team Makers is responsible and makes clear to folks priority points really get you very little in regard to football other than a few single game tickets. (BTW corporation point was solid.)
    Well that's true if you have only donated enough to get a few priority points, but over time they really add up.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LikeMothers View Post
    I shouldn't have written "not be able to deduct". I meant fewer people will be itemizing because of the higher standard deduction. I could deduct them, but would be a fool to itemize when the standard deduction gets me a lower tax bill. Thus, they're not deductible. Then, the emotional affect on decision making of not having that deduction kicks in to some degree.

Maybe I should be bumping things up by $5k a year to solve this dilemma.[emoji3]
    Um. Can you please repeat the part that you said all about the...ummm..things?

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Well that's true if you have only donated enough to get a few priority points, but over time they really add up.
    Not really. I'm at a level well over the minimum, and I am still am a nothing and been a member since 2011. I am NOT mad about that; just a fact and I have no expectation to ever get season tickets. I am happy getting my sticker, taking my tax deduction, and getting my single game tickets. Since I have the right friends and have reserved tailgating, I am pretty good on getting the tickets I need.