Page 135 of 365 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 3646

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    LSU getting drilled by 20 at unranked Alabama and cost me $100 they suck
    Getting drilled by 20. Losing by 6. Apparently same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Getting drilled by 20. Losing by 6. Apparently same thing.
    at that point it was 20.

BACK TO NDSU BB PROGRAM.

I cant even find people to take my 2 front row tickets to most games, there is just zero buzz. and it's a dam shame . these players are awesome & deserve 5000+.

the summit is a major problem. going Mountain West or MAC would really catapult NDSU basketball
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

at that point it was 20.

BACK TO NDSU BB PROGRAM.

I cant even find people to take my 2 front row tickets to most games, there is just zero buzz. and it's a dam shame . these players are awesome & deserve 5000+.

the summit is a major problem. going Mountain West or MAC would really catapult NDSU basketball
    Maybe its because your "front row seats" are on the baseline and cant see crap. Your seats are garbage, so please stop bragging like they are court side.
    FCS Survivor Pick Em Winners
    2014: Sams Rams 2015: Taper 2016: CalBison97 2017: JDZ 2018: Bookem 2019: MrPepBand 2020: ndsubison1 2021: MrPepBand 2022: HuskerBizon and gavin2126 2023: TransAmBison
    FBS G5 Survivor Pick Em Winners
    2023: KSBisonFan
    FBS P5 Survivor Pick Em Winners
    2019: BraxtonT 2021: TransAmBison 2022: Taper 2023: oldmantutters
    NFL Survivor Pick Em Winners
    2019: HuskerBizon 2022: KSBisonFan 2023: MrPepBand

Not sure the MAC would really move the needle much more

Sent from my GM1925 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 02-18-2020 at 12:32 PM.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Yeah, I don't see that doing much, but Augustana, St. Thomas, and UMKC, probably move us in the wrong direction.

at that point it was 20.

BACK TO NDSU BB PROGRAM.

Mountain West or even MAC would cast a significant shadow of a problem for the big fish in a small pond, "keep NDSU football Division 2" mentality. Having to watch 15 games of NDSU football vs anyone but James Madison continues to downgrade the sport intellect of the NDSU fanbase.

The other problem with the quoted argument is the fanbase in general. I can count on 2 hands, maybe 1 hand how many amazing seasons the NDSU basketball program has had in its entire existence, and all of a sudden the fans are entitled to something similar to a Gonzaga-like stature. You have to be special to live in Fargo ND, and special isn't always a good thing.

I never criticized the players and have posted I think they are pretty darn good.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Mountain West or even MAC would cast a significant shadow of a problem for the big fish in a small pond, "keep NDSU football Division 2" mentality. Having to watch 15 games of NDSU football vs anyone but James Madison continues to downgrade the sport intellect of the NDSU fanbase.

The other problem with the quoted argument is the fanbase in general. I can count on 2 hands, maybe 1 hand how many amazing seasons the NDSU basketball program has had in its entire existence, and all of a sudden the fans are entitled to something similar to a Gonzaga-like stature. You have to be special to live in Fargo ND, and special isn't always a good thing.
    Maybe my expectations are unrealistic. I started following men’s B-ball during the Woodside era and I loved how they were able to elevate their game and ball with the bigboys. It was essentially the same thing I see in the football team that gives hope and reason for optimism that they can take down an Iowa or Oregon. B-ball had the same thing going and it made them super exciting to watch, but that is gone now. I’ve seen enough years of Richman teams to expect a bad start (with people pointing out many different things wrong game to game) and a bad finish. Yes the team is rolling but I’ve seen enough to fully expect this season to end with a thud. Again, maybe I’m unrealistic and spoiled but this program was rolling and should have been reaching higher and it seems like they regressed, stopped being exciting to follow, and half of the fan base is ok with that. I can’t be. I saw us be too competitive with two completely different groups of players to enjoy the last 5 or whatever years of mediocrity

I have been frustrated with Richman in the past. When they made the tourney last year and won that "first round" play-in game, I basically chalk up all my misgivings with him to lack of BB knowledge. Its hard to argue with that result last year. And if he has them continuing to play like they are this year, we'll have a good shot at a winnable "real" first round game this year.

I'm all in on Richman and this team. But I understand the critics. I would contend that we should give credit where credit is due, and right now, credit is due.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I have been frustrated with Richman in the past. When they made the tourney last year and won that "first round" play-in game, I basically chalk up all my misgivings with him to lack of BB knowledge. Its hard to argue with that result last year. And if he has them continuing to play like they are this year, we'll have a good shot at a winnable "real" first round game this year.

I'm all in on Richman and this team. But I understand the critics. I would contend that we should give credit where credit is due, and right now, credit is due.
    I’d rather you be correct but I’ve seen this before. I could probably accurately describe now how our final game this year will play out.