Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: UCA @ NDSU in Fargo 10/3/2020

Default Re: UCA @ NDSU in Fargo 10/3/2020

I really hope donors realize that you give money to help your team succeed, not because you agree ideologically with every recruit. That’s literally impossible.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Politician....
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    There are some donors who are really pissed. They are going to vote with there wallet.
    ....Yup....

There are some donors who are really pissed. They are going to vote with there wallet.
    With the economy (less means/reprioritization), covid (concerns about health), and social justice (added, often unwanted dimension to the product)- NDSU athletics is going to be taking a hellova hit over the next five years.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    ....Yup....
    I know of at least 10k that just disappeared. Somebody in some sport is going to lose a scholarship. Or money will have to come out of the general fund which means
    less resources for something else that was needed.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    With the economy (less means/reprioritization), covid (concerns about health), and social justice (added, often unwanted dimension to the product)- NDSU athletics is going to be taking a hellova hit over the next five years.
    Unfortunately the kids never look past their noses when they think THEIR message is more important. Its a selfish decision when you dont take in to account whose going to be effected by your actions.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Unfortunately the kids never look past their noses when they think THEIR message is more important. Its a selfish decision when you dont take in to account whose going to be effected by your actions.
    Why would the kids care? The ones who are affected aren't here yet. And everyone of these kids could have got a scholarship to play somewhere else.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

I've got no problem with what they're doing. It simply ruins the product for me.

While this does damage football, I don't have a problem with the athletes doing. I actually think it's pretty neat.

--It is kind of funny that they're not the ones who will bare the brunt of this. It will be the staff who get laid, it will be the future athlete who doesn't get a scholarship. I wonder if they recognize their privilege?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    I've got no problem with what they're doing. It simply ruins the product for me.

While this does damage football, I don't have a problem with the athletes doing. I actually think it's pretty neat.

--It is kind of funny that they're not the ones who will bare the brunt of this. It will be the staff who get laid, it will be the future athlete who doesn't get a scholarship. I wonder if they recognize their privilege?
    This is a zero win situation for the staff...
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I really hope donors realize that you give money to help your team succeed, not because you agree ideologically with every recruit. That’s literally impossible.

I really hope ndsu realizes people donate to improve the product on the field not provide a platform for somone's politics.

Ndsu would be wise to treat the football field like a work environment. What you do on your own time is your business, but when you come into work you leave your politics at the curb.