Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: NDSU v UNI - Homecoming Rivalry Week!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: NDSU v UNI - Homecoming Rivalry Week!

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    What's the weather like in Fargo right now? Up here, its actually rather nice at the moment.
    Head down 83 to i90 and then come up from the south on i29. Should be smooth sailing. Hopefully im not doing this in reverse order on Sunday. Wife has this job thing she's all worried about Monday.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    What's the weather like in Fargo right now? Up here, its actually rather nice at the moment.
    currently in a blizzard warning, but there isnt snow falling so I hear random gusts of wind. right now but most roads are covered with blow ice but that should melt tomorrow. Moorhead probably saw 2-4 inches, I can still see the dirt that is my yard. not sure what Fargo/west fargo saw for accumulation, probably a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Would that be a record?
    Not if you count the epic journey that the Frisco Cruiser took to Frisco as one continuous tailgate experience.

Wont be able to make it unless I fire up the snow machine or drive south of Bismarck and loop around to Fargo. Could I call and have my tickets printed out for others to pickup to attend the game?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Snow has not really covered the pavement. Maybe less then an inch of slushy stuff. Winds should die down a little by morning
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Wont be able to make it unless I fire up the snow machine or drive south of Bismarck and loop around to Fargo. Could I call and have my tickets printed out for others to pickup to attend the game?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    They have a transfer option in your account online

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I don't know but I guess it's pretty serious.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Jesus Christ, man! There's just some things you don't talk about in public!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Haha good listen and the host says what we've been saying for years.

His cohost is a dork with the cliche "go to camp randall, kinnick then host ohio state and see how you do" line.

Ok ndsu would challenge Wisconsin and iowa and probably get blown out by ohio st like most teams barely do outside of the top 25.

I guess he doesnt consider teams having 100,000,000 more dollars in their athletic budget too.
    What the dorks never take into account is if we were playing fbs teams on that basis, we would be fbs and have the extra schollies.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    What the dorks never take into account is if we were playing fbs teams on that basis, we would be fbs and have the extra schollies.
    Yep. For some reason that fact is always lost on them.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Things I’ll be watching today include:

- As always, can the Northern Iowa offense keep the NDSU offense off the field?

- Battle of freshman QB’s, everyone knows how wildly efficient Trey Lance is, but look at Mr McElvain! He checks in with a TD/Int ratio of 8/1 on the season - very impressive! Panthers aren’t very good at running the ball - leading rusher Trevor Allen checks in with only 3.8 ypc (70 carries 268 yards), so passing game needs to strike. Can the Panthers hit on some big plays with WR’s Isaiah Weston (21.2 ypc), Jaylin James (16.0 ypc) and Deion McShane (Deion’s brother Steve McShane was very good at Western Illinois)?

UNI is short TE’s due to injuries so what formations do the Panthers work with?

- What does Farley do to help 5’ 11” McElvain against the Bison pass rush? Move the pocket? Roll-outs with pass/run options? FB/TE chips on the DE’s? Designed QB runs?

-Can LT Penning (6’ 7”) and RT Brown (6’ 8”) move their feet fast enough to deal with this pass rush? Panther O-Line is huge, but can they protect Will McElvain?

- 6’ 5” DE Elerson Smith leads FCS with 7.5 sacks. Does he get pressure on QB Trey Lance?

- CB Xavior Williams - does UNI have their own version of Marcus Williams Island, leaving safeties free to defend the run?

- Was UNI’s triple OT loss to Iowa State their best game, or did they save something for the Bison?