Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: x a possible candidate for y job

Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    s
    I"m not big into the rah rah stuff. Didn't the JMU coach said something like "We're going go out to their house and send them home!" That shit always makes me laugh. They get so worked up they don't make any sense. Cool story bro time. I had a coach in high school who was rah rah. He was yelling at us at halftime because we weren't getting a push on the o-line. He starts yelling "you gotta go out there and jack em! Just jack off on them!" Me and a couple other guys just lost are shit which only pissed him off more.
    Man...get a grip coach.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    Did you get ejected from the game?
    Nah I didn't end up jerking anyone off. I just did what that Clemson player did against Ohio State. No harm, no foul.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

My high school football coach, after being upset we were not ahead by more than a touchdown at halftime, chewed us all out for several different reasons as we sat outside in 94 degree heat at Concordia's field (no locker room available for afternoon game since Concordia was practicing). In his frustration coach threw down his hat and said, "You are all a bunch of quitters, and I quit! LOL!
    Needless to say we went on to win 46-6 (they got a TD on a kickoff return and missed extra point) and I had to be removed from game in 4th quarter with heat stroke. I played offensive guard and pulled left or right on nearly every play as we got 10 yards each time. On defense I played nose guard and when the opponent could not run up the middle they ran outside nearly every play and I had to pursue each. Not much passing due to windy day.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

See how many you can get right:

Who said it: P.J. Fleck or Tim Brewster?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    See how many you can get right:

Who said it: P.J. Fleck or Tim Brewster?

Comparing the two is silly and asinine. One is a successful division 1 head coach who has proven he can win and recruit at the highest level. The other one was nothing more than an assistant who talked a big game. If it wasn't Minnesota, it would have been another big 10 or big 12 school offering P.J. Fleck a job. If it wasn't for Minnesota, Timmy would still be a tight end coach for a team in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The JMU coach had me fired up and wanting to hit my grandma! Every coach has a different style. Kliemans seems to be a bit more laid back. Not better or worse. Just different.
    Klieman is a better different, I like him. You have a great coach.

We still have a lot of Bohl recruits on the roster. It is going to be interesting to see how Klieman's pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    We still have a lot of Bohl recruits on the roster. It is going to be interesting to see how Klieman's pan out.
    I think the guy who gets squeezed out (recruiting wise) in all this will be Bohl. He still tries to recruit the cities hard.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Many of Klieman's recruits have had Bohl offers so they are the same guys Bohl would be going for. I think the looming question is "will they get coached up/trained as well?" The defense numbers are sliding some...not that I'm just blaming the staff. We might have hit it lucky talent wise with that previous group. Also the Bohl staff had years to get things down better. Klieman and co. are going into year 4 now so this will be a very important year.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Dutchman View Post
    Comparing the two is silly and asinine. One is a successful division 1 head coach who has proven he can win and recruit at the highest level. The other one was nothing more than an assistant who talked a big game. If it wasn't Minnesota, it would have been another big 10 or big 12 school offering P.J. Fleck a job. If it wasn't for Minnesota, Timmy would still be a tight end coach for a team in the NFL.
    I'm going to assume you didn't bother to actually read it.

The comparisons between current Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck and former Gophers coach Tim Brewster start and stop with their outgoing styles. Fleck was brought in after coaching an undefeated regular season at a D-I school. Brewster had never been a head coach or coordinator in his life. Big football difference.

There’s nothing wrong with genuine enthusiasm, and there’s no reason Fleck can’t succeed with the Gophers even though Brewster did not.

OK, with that throat-clearing out of the way, a lot of people have suggested it would be fun to compare Fleck’s opening news conference Friday with Brewster’s opening news conference almost exactly a decade ago in January 2007. Both were boisterous events filled with colorful phrases and visions of success. And let’s face it: every news conference starts to sound the same after a while.

So: let’s have some fun.