Page 243 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1431932332412422432442452532933437431243 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Let's give this discussion a rest PLEASE! Your opinions are all respected. But let us not distract the team and players from their goal of a championship and a consecutive win record! Let's enjoy it now and be quiet so it can happen. You are all intelligent and no harms no fouls hopefully between any of you. Enjoy your TEAM, THE MIGHTY BISON, the power of the Herd is the BISON and the Power of the Bison is the Herd!!!! That means all of us!

Believe me, we are not distracting the players by thinking about 2 things at once. If the players were distracted by all the bullsh*t on here, we wouldnt have won a game in the last decade bahah.

our conversations have approximately 0/100,000,000 effect on their performance on the field
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Believe me, we are not distracting the players by thinking about 2 things at once. If the players were distracted by all the bullsh*t on here, we wouldnt have won a game in the last decade bahah.

our conversations have approximately 0/100,000,000 effect on their performance on the field
    I've talked with numerous former players in this current dynasty.. some of them even said they thrived on all the smack talk that NDSU fans had with other teams, because it made them want to back it up! Motivation.

last time I checked, anyone can start a new topic on this forum, if posters dont want to talk about the AAC or Fatigue, start a new topic. geesh, its a message board, not fascism.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Scottie. Plenty of options out there .

Legacy fund has 6.5 Billion in it. Wouldn't giving money to a state funded on campus 42,000 football stadium help the state?
    You want the state to build a big ass stadium that'll get used 5-6 times a year?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    You want the state to build a big ass stadium that'll get used 5-6 times a year?
    it'd be used 365 days a year, conferences, conventions, concerts.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by kingbison View Post
    If we are seeking a full acceptance into a conference, we also have to meet the academic standards. Which include research dollars, research facilities, and overall academic ranking. While football is on forefront, all of the behind the scenes requirements have to match up as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Amen! This is a huge part of a move up.

I've talked with numerous former players in this current dynasty.. some of them even said they thrived on all the smack talk that NDSU fans had with other teams, because it made them want to back it up! Motivation.

last time I checked, anyone can start a new topic on this forum, if posters dont want to talk about the AAC or Fatigue, start a new topic. geesh, its a message board, not fascism.
    Logging into a thread to telling people to "give it a rest" can be compared to the little boy who stated "Mommy, every time I hit my finger with this hammer it hurts"!!! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Logging into a thread to telling people to "give it a rest" can be compared to the little boy who stated "Mommy, every time I hit my finger with this hammer it hurts"!!! LOL.
    Logging into a thread telling people that you want NDSU to go FBS can be compared to the little boy who stated “Mommy, the ice cream man won’t let me have free ice cream again!!!” LOL.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So we should attribute the success we’ve had over the last 8 years to internet tough guys.

Thanks for your hard work, couldn’t have done it without you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Split half of the ones that Fargodome currently does, if somehow you pull off that coup, as in you're not going to attract new ones that are any better? Still not a money maker, nor being used 365 days a year. And Fargodome becomes a red number drag on the city of Fargo and starts eating up tax dollars like that potato storage facility up north.

You must make the best business plans...

I'm all for a new stadium that makes sense but it's going to be hard pressed to make the numbers pencil out by any stretch of imagination. In a way NDSU sold it's FB soul to city of Fargo with the Fargodome. That said I think they both need each other but I'd say Fargo would be hurt less by losing NDSU games than NDSU would be by trying to make a stadium work/profitable or even break even on their own now since they'd essentially have to start from ground zero. The only way I can see it happening is through a very large monetary gift of the likes that hardly anyone has ever seen.

I think you're under selling this. There would be 366 days of use in leap years.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013