Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Redshirt Seth Wilson?

Default Re: Redshirt Seth Wilson?

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Kudos to Crockett. He took the whole load in 2014, or at least 90% +. The days of 1 horse may be gone. Wisely so.
    Wow, just looked it up and he had 368 attempts that year. For reference, on the FBS single season list, that would put him at #21, right behind LaDainian Tomlinson(2000, TCU). Perfect storm that year where JC was that good, plus Chase and King weren’t yet the beasts they came to be.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    Wow, just looked it up and he had 368 attempts that year. For reference, on the FBS single season list, that would put him at #21, right behind LaDainian Tomlinson(2000, TCU). Perfect storm that year where JC was that good, plus Chase and King weren’t yet the beasts they came to be.
    Crockett ruined our string of 2 - 1,000 yard rushers in a season.

He was a great player and seemed like he was a great person.

Talking Re: Redshirt Seth Wilson?

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Crockett ruined our string of 2 - 1,000 yard rushers in a season.

He was a great player and seems like he is a great person.
    FIFY...He's not dead. 😉

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    FIFY...He's not dead. ��
    Thanks for the English lesson.

Never met the guy, but during his time here he seemed like a great person. I'm sure that hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Thanks for the English lesson.

Never met the guy, but during his time here he seemed like a great person. I'm sure that hasn't changed.
    Sorry, not usually a grammar Nazi. Meant it light heartedly.

I really thought he could have succeeded with the Packers as a #2 back, or pass catching option. Just didn't quite get there.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    What I've heard from what Coach K has said is that he's been taking a few snaps at RB to get him involved in more plays, but I don't think you're going to see him switch positions. Just another opportunity to get the ball in a playmakers hands.
    Tough to be WR in this offense... Don't take advantage of the mismatchs.

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if the new redshirt rule passes in June and what that does to everyone's opinion...
    Don't usually quote myself, but wondering if this changes anyone's opinion...

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...-opportunities
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Don't usually quote myself, but wondering if this changes anyone's opinion...

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...-opportunities
    I guess it makes the decision to redshirt easier to make, if that's what the team and Seth decide. Take the shirt and still get to compete in 4 games where his abilities would be most needed.

Reviving this thread

So far, with the 2019 commits, we have no running backs on the list. We also have no red shirt freshmen on the squad this year. Obviously that can change, but does that give an indication that we might want to put the shirt back on Wilson?

What option makes most sense? Or are my numbers way off?

Wilson plays 4 games this year with a shirt on.... 30-40 carries and 4 catches, and he plays in 2021....200 carries and 20 catches.
    Wilson plays this whole season with no shirt......80 carries and 15 catches and doesn't play in 2021.

Thoughts?

Percent chance Seth Wilson redshirts: Zero. He helped us win last year, he will help us win again this year. He is a tremendous young athlete.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.