Page 116 of 257 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2567

Thread: Bison in the NFL

Default Re: Bison in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    They weren't getting there with Osweiler. Manning healed up in time to rally the Broncos back against the Chargers in the second half of week #17 to seal home-field advantage. A lot of small, little things went the Broncos' way that season, but most of those things were because the defense.

With that said, as much as Elway has had his faults (parties too much in my opinion), his decision making and sealing the deal skills got the Broncos five AFC West Division titles, two Super Bowl appearances and one World Championship in his now eight-year tenure. That's an impressive resume for anyone.

With that said, lets get this thread back on topic (yes, I'm a bit to blame for the tangent). Billy Turner was getting some props from former Broncos O-Lineman, Orlando Franklin, on TheFan today. Franklin was a guest host filling in today and had to correct the regular host when the regular tried to put blame on Billy for a sack Lynch sustained during the game. Franklin pointed out that the sack wasn't Billy's fault as he took care of his assignment while the RT missed his.
    Very much agreed. I’ll just add, I’ve never been one to boo any of my teams players before, certainly not any BISON, but Paxton broke that streak Saturday.

That being said, CJ played well. The one bad play was really bad, but the Broncos 2nd string DBs looked bad too and CJ is listed 3rd string. So it would seem he still has a solid chance to make the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    He was always one of the best athletes on the team with the Bison. Really happy to see him doing well in his first NFL preseason. Really appreciate him as an out of state player sticking with the Bison through a position change and always being a monster on special teams. Really proved how much heart he has and I'm sure that will continue to serve him well in the NFL.
    Starting to wonder if he was a very rare case of the Bison coaches not quite being sure what to do with him. Clearly, the guys is a physical specimen, and looks like a fitness model. He just never quite jelled in the NDSU scheme somehow, but wonder, as crazy as this sounds, has better tools for the NFL game?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Starting to wonder if he was a very rare case of the Bison coaches not quite being sure what to do with him. Clearly, the guys is a physical specimen, and looks like a fitness model. He just never quite jelled in the NDSU scheme somehow, but wonder, as crazy as this sounds, has better tools for the NFL game?
    I was thinking similar thoughts yesterday but wasn't sure how to write up the post so I wouldn't get ridiculed. Be it scheme or personality or "the Bison way", whatever it was it's odd that he is blossoming in NFL camp while never being a full-time solid starter at NDSU.

Just questions, not an indictment against the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I was thinking similar thoughts yesterday but wasn't sure how to write up the post so I wouldn't get ridiculed. Be it scheme or personality or "the Bison way", whatever it was it's odd that he is blossoming in NFL camp while never being a full-time solid starter at NDSU.

Just questions, not an indictment against the staff.
    Glad I'm not nuts, or I supposed we both could be nuts. He always seemed a bit like a square peg in a round hole in the NDSU's scheme. You'd see those flashes of what he could do, just not as often as you'd like to see. I sure hope folks don't think I'm criticizing coaches, but it does happen when a coach never quite figures out how to use a player correctly or they don't fit the scheme, and they blossom under a different coach/scheme. NDSU's results speak for themselves, so I am fine with an occasional "miss."

Him being a tweener at safety and linebacker probably didn't help. I think he struggled picking up the responsibilities at safety before being moved to OLB and then it just took time to develop into his new position. In the end it looks like it worked out for his as he must be suited to LB in the NFL. Glad to see his dedication in college pay off for him at the next level.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Glad I'm not nuts, or I supposed we both could be nuts. He always seemed a bit like a square peg in a round hole in the NDSU's scheme. You'd see those flashes of what he could do, just not as often as you'd like to see. I sure hope folks don't think I'm criticizing coaches, but it does happen when a coach never quite figures out how to use a player correctly or they don't fit the scheme, and they blossom under a different coach/scheme. NDSU's results speak for themselves, so I am fine with an occasional "miss."
    I totally disagree. Chris Board went through a position change and started figuring it out about mid way through the season last year. If you watch his play down the stretch he was one of our best defenders in my opinion. Just didn’t get the pub because of Deluca and Cox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    I totally disagree. Chris Board went through a position change and started figuring it out about mid way through the season last year. If you watch his play down the stretch he was one of our best defenders in my opinion. Just didn’t get the pub because of Deluca and Cox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Almost like the coaches didn't put him in the right place, right away.......exactly my point.

Almost like the coaches didn't put him in the right place, right away.......exactly my point.
    We was brought in as a safety. I think he filled out more than the coaches anticipated him to. Realized he had good size and with decent speed and made the move to LB. I think the coaches nailed it and gave him every opportunity to see the field. Kid took the reigns and ran with it. Was a blast to watch last season. Can't always tell how a kid is going to fill out when he gets to college. Plus, there was no need for a Heagle-type thumper safety. I think everyone handled it as best as could be asked.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    We was brought in as a safety. I think he filled out more than the coaches anticipated him to. Realized he had good size and with decent speed and made the move to LB. I think the coaches nailed it and gave him every opportunity to see the field. Kid took the reigns and ran with it. Was a blast to watch last season. Can't always tell how a kid is going to fill out when he gets to college. Plus, there was no need for a Heagle-type thumper safety. I think everyone handled it as best as could be asked.
    As I stated, I am not ripping on the coaches by any means. You are going to miss sometimes. But, yes, if they had a crystal ball, they would not have put him at safety right away.

As I stated, I am not ripping on the coaches by any means. You are going to miss sometimes. But, yes, if they had a crystal ball, they would not have put him at safety right away.
    He had trouble with the playbook and the switch didn't help.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN