Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Game on Fox College Sports

Default Re: SDSU Game on Fox College Sports

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Socalledfan.......you actually signed up with dish network? That was your first mistake. Everybody knows DirecTV has more channels!
    Yeah, I think Dish isn't worth it. It costs less because the options are less. You always get what you pay for. DTV is worth it. It costs more, but you literally have the option of having almost every channel offered in the US.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Actually, I checked with Dish Network and they don't even carry this channel. So, here we are on a channel that will have even less viewers than statewide NBC and we are celebrating? I am with Lakes, we need to be on FSN. Why is this so complicated? Move game times 8 AM (when on the road) if you have to!
    We don't really call the shots when we are on the road. The other team has an AD as well. Some people will complain to simply complain. Game gets picked up on TV and people complain.

You can either attend a game, find it on TV, find it on the internet, or listen on the radio. Pretty simple if you ask me. Or we can simply find more things to bitch and moan about.

"Call FSN, they will work with you." This isn't like fixing your cell phone bill people. This is coordinating a contract to televise a game. It is common sense, you don't have to agree with everything, but lets be real with some of these comments. I have been pretty critical of our marketing department, or lack of our marketing department, but to make it sound like it is simple to get a TV game is not accurate.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Yeah, I think Dish isn't worth it. It costs less because the options are less. You always get what you pay for. DTV is worth it. It costs more, but you literally have the option of having almost every channel offered in the US.
    if you know what your doing, you can get every channel offered in the world on Dish Network, for practically nothing

Quote Originally Posted by bisonpride4ever View Post
    Fox Sports North is a regional sports network serving Minnesota, Wisconsin, northern Iowa, Upper Michigan along the Wisconsin border and the eastern parts of North Dakota and South Dakota. So yeah not just Twin Cities market. I mean when they show the epic WIAC matchups between UW-Whitewater v UW-LaCrosse, they are totally thinking about the people living in Minneapolis, Bloomington, and Burnsville
    Fsn covers our main recruiting area like ND, SD, MN, IA, AND WI. Its the primary channel for legit teams like the Twins. Its considered a local channel in all the above markets and all cable and satellite companies have it included in basic channels. 99% of potential students and recruits live in these markets plus you can get Fsn anywhere for twelve bucks. We may see more markets but it doesn't matter because we don't recruit those areas much so its not impactful. But I think FSn had more viewers and Minneapolis should be top priority. Bad move but its better than last year.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn-O View Post
    FSN North caters to the Twin Cities market, idiot. Midwest Sports Channel died over a decade ago, wake up.
    I was just commenting to what Shawn was saying how FSN is for the Twin Cities market only. Just being one of the few that stick up for lakes once in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    "Call FSN, they will work with you." This isn't like fixing your cell phone bill people. This is coordinating a contract to televise a game. It is common sense, you don't have to agree with everything, but lets be real with some of these comments. I have been pretty critical of our marketing department, or lack of our marketing department, but to make it sound like it is simple to get a TV game is not accurate.
    ACCURATE AND HILLARIOUS! "This isn't like fixing your cell phone bill people."

Better win, that's all I gotta say. I'm sure Mohler really feels the rivalry and wants to win......

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    Better win, that's all I gotta say. I'm sure Mohler really feels the rivalry and wants to win......
    Probably feels it more than a highschool kids
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Comments on the Kansas FCS game:
    If this were a bison home game, NDSU would have the rights to negotiate the TV contract. But it is not, and Kansas has the TV rights.

FCS is better than no TV, right?. Because the game is going to be on FCS, NDSU might have the opportunity to try to get the game on FSN (in the NDSU market) also, due to the fact that FSN is part of the Fox network. Possible, but not likely IMO.

FSN might be obligated by the Fox Network to carry a national game vs. the NDSU vs. Kansas game however.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Comments on the Kansas FCS game:
    If this were a bison home game, NDSU would have the rights to negotiate the TV contract. But it is not, and Kansas has the TV rights.

FCS is better than no TV, right?. Because the game is going to be on FCS, NDSU might have the opportunity to try to get the game on FSN (in the NDSU market) also, due to the fact that FSN is part of the Fox network. Possible, but not likely IMO.

FSN might be obligated by the Fox Network to carry a national game vs. the NDSU vs. Kansas game however.
    Agreed with Herd. I'll take exposure over no exposure.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!